Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

A day in my life... August!

Can you believe that August is already here?  As usual, I'm going to share what I did on the first day of this month.  Usually I seem to be working on the 1st, but this one fell on my weekend off, and we had Alaina here.  So - lots of pictures of her, and the fun day we had!
We got up and had breakfast - then went outside to play!  

 9am:  Alaina and Grandpa are good buddies!


Sometimes she rides the 2 wheeler, sometimes the trike.  She can really get that trike moving!


 She brought out the little wheelbarrow.  "Come on Grandpa - let's pick up sticks!"


10am:  Mid morning snack time.  She was wearing her new minion goggles, drinking from her minion cup!


10:30am: Time to help Grandma with some baking.  She always tells me "I can do that Grandma!"


 11:30am: Fooling around with Grandpa.


12pm: It's lunch time!  A hot dog, blueberries and milk.  She was happy.


12:30pm: After lunch there was time to play with water guns.  Somehow Grandma was the only one who got wet...


 Helping grandpa with paving blocks for a new walkway.


1:30 pm: Then helping Grandma with laundry.  She loves to help!


2:pm After finishing the laundry we drove to my Dad's house.  I get his medications set up for him because he takes so many.  He and my stepmom always like it when Alaina comes along.  It was such a pretty day, I stopped along the way to take this picture of the pretty blue sky.


Great-grandma gave Alaina a sucker and she's showing Great-grandpa her blue tongue.


While I worked on pills and taking my Dad's blood pressure, Alaina and great -grandma went for a walk.  Here they are checking out the grapes.  (I was taking pictures through the slider door)


 Then they looked at some apples which had fallen off the tree.


 Don't they look cute together?


3:15pm When we got done there we made a stop at Target.  Alaina wanted to sit on one of these big red globes that are outside the entrance.  You can see it was really windy!


4pm: After all that activity it was time to go home, where Ruby was just waking up from a nap.


4:30 pm: waving good bye to me.

I stopped for a few groceries on my way home and then went all out for supper - frozen pizza!


8:40pm:  Such a nice relaxing evening; Bob's enjoying a movie and some ice cream, and I'm on the computer.   After a crazy, busy week, it was perfect.
Hope you all had a nice start to the month too.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed these pictures so much. Alaina is such a happy child. I could use her help reaching the clothes in my dryer!!!!! lol So happy that she was able to visit her great grandparents, too. I know they enjoyed seeing her. Hope your week goes smoothly.

Cherdecor said...

I always enjoy your post about the first day of the month. I love seeing pictures of Alaina and Ruby. Alaina is such a little helper and a joy to have around. You are blessed!

Jennifer Hays said...

You had such a nice day, Mari! The girls are so cute. I'm glad Ruby is happier with you now. My kids helped their grandma with her grapes today too. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Such a fun day! Your grand daughters are so cute. I love the braids in Alaina's hair. Have a great week.

Vicki said...

What a fun day you had, grandkids are the best! I love that your parents are still here to spend time with your grandkids. I wish I'd video'd my kids with my parents.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So much fun to see peeks into your world & family! What a perfect day! Those photos of Alaina with her great Grandma were SO precious. Such beautiful grand daughters you have there. Happy week to you sweet Mari!! Xo

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow it looks like a pretty exhausting day to me! You certainly pack it all in! I recognised the Target red ball immediately. Love Alaina's minion glasses! Ha.

Linda said...

Oh my has Alaina grown, Mari!!! I am so glad you hade a good day...thank you for sharing. Have a Blessed Monday, friend.

Sandi said...

Grandchildren, grandparents, great-grandparents--- what a blessing!

:)

Love the photos.

Unknown said...

What a fun day you had, and Alaina is so very cute and curious. She and Ruby look so much alike that if they were the same age, they could be twins. The pictures tell the whole story of the day. Hope your Monday and new week are good.

Arlene G said...

Love seeing your sweet little one! Minions are a big hit here at Nana's house but I have not seen those goggles....will look for some!

Betsy Brock said...

Looks like a really fun day to me!
Sunday night is our weekly frozen pizza night! :)

Changes in the wind said...

You are blessed to still have your parents to share with your grandchildren. Sweet memories for all.

Pat said...

If love equals wealth....you are very rich. Oh that every child, and family could experience what your family has.

Laura said...

Oh Alaina and Grandpa - they crack me up! Grandpa definitely gets a work out when she's around. :)

I'm thinking we might need to start charging you for labor when she visits though - it looks like she's getting a lot of work done for you. I'm honestly not sure how you get anything done when she's not around. You must save all your work for when she comes over I think. :)

She was quite a tired girl after she got back.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like quite the fun and exciting day filled with special moments :)

Have a beautiful week, Mari.

Patsy said...

That was delightful!

Terri D said...

What a blessed day you had with precious Alaina and your folks. Thanks for sharing your day through the great photos and stories. Blessed.

Jenny said...

Alaina as a Minion: Priceless! I love the way y'all do her hair. She's such a big girl and Ruby is so darling. I'd love to cuddle her. Hey your pictures of Alaina with your stepmom remind me of Stephanie's littles who went with her and Erica up to Ohio last week to visit my m-i-l who is 89. The kids loved her to death and couldn't get enough of doing stuff with her outside, checking on flowers, weeding and watering. What a great influence grandparents and great-grandparents can be when given the chance. xoxo

Connie said...

Another great day spent with your little one. I can see you both had great fun.

Doris said...

I love your First Day posts....this one just as much as the others. You are one interesting lady!

Amy at love made my home said...

What a great day!!! So good that your helper helped with so many things! I love the photo of Alaina in her minions goggles, too cute! xx

Karen said...

I always enjoy these posts and this one is just the best. Your granddaughters are just beautiful.

White Lace and Promises said...

This is just the sweetest post. I love it! That baby girl has captured my heart! What a personality they both have! I think Alainna has her Grandpa;s heart for sure! So precious!

Bethany Carson said...

Alaina looks like such a good helper! She is really getting an education--checking on grapes and apples, doing laundry, laying paving blocks, target practicing (on Grandpa), baking, and picking up sticks! I think she will be ready for life!

Jean said...

What an absolutely PERFECT day from beginning to end!

Mari said...

It is such a happy time for the family, I can see. How sweet it is to see grannies and greatgrannies together with her.