Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I tried a new recipe for a hot chicken mix to put on buns last week.  It's made in the crockpot which is always a good thing for me.  I thought it was good and Bob loved it!  It's another easy one.  :)




"Crack" Chicken Spread

 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
1 packet dry Ranch seasoning
8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled


In a slow cooker combine place chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
Shred chicken, and stir together to incorporate all ingredients.
Stir in crumbled bacon.

Serve on hamburger buns.

16 comments:

Terri D said...

Yum. This really sounds good, Mari!

Betsy Brock said...

Mmmm...that sounds very tasty! I could eat one right now!

Renee said...

These sound and look delicious! Making them for tomorrow. YUM!

Linda said...

Yummmmmmmmmm!!!! Are you sure your not southern? (giggling) Have a beautiful Thursday.

Arlene G said...

Now who would not like that one!!

Karen said...

I haven't had breakfast right now, and I wish I could pluck that little sandwich off the screen. This would be a great crowd pleaser, with those little sandwich rolls.

Changes in the wind said...

Sounds good to me:)

Stephanie said...

YUM! This sounds delicious and delightful, my friend :) My son and I would enjoy this for lunch. Hugs to you!

Kerin said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I love using my slow cooker too. Saves me time in my day, and doesn't heat up my kitchen... *smile**.

~K.

Jennifer Hays said...

Crack...too funny. It sounds delicious. I'd never seen it before but I really like the sound of it. Thanks, Mari!

Unknown said...

Gotta save this one and give it a try. Anything I can cook in the crock pot is my kind of cooking! Thanks for sharing.

Beth Cotell said...

This is my kind of recipe - easy, uses the crock pot and it has cream cheese!!! Thanks for sharing!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These are certainly flavors I would love! I'm a ranch fanatic. Lol! Thanks for sharing Mari!! xo

Bethany Carson said...

Oh, this looks good! We just enjoyed a delicious chicken salad at our friends' house the other day.

Doris said...

Sounds delish!

Jenny said...

Oh mercy. xoxo