Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Cooking Thursday

I tried a new recipe last week that I'll be making again.  I think it would work great with leftover ham.  I used a small ham, not knowing it was sliced.  When I cut it into cubes, they fell apart!  It didn't change the good flavor though. 
This is a crockpot recipe, and it smelled really good as it cooked.
The only thing I didn't like was that this cooks in water, so you have to use a straining spoon to take it out of the crockpot, or else you would have a lot of water on your plate.  :)

Crockpot Ham, Potatoes and Green Beans

2 lbs of fresh green beans
2 lbs of ham, cubed
4 baking potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, diced

Place all ingredients into your crockpot, add 3 cups of water and season with salt & pepper to taste. You can add any other seasonings you like.  Cook on low for 6 hours.

17 comments:

Arlene G said...

Any crockpot recipe is a good one on these hot days Mari!!

White Lace and Promises said...

I like this! Easy peasy! Yelp, gotta do this one!

Jean said...

Oh boy! I was eating on the run today, now it's bedtime and I took a look at this and I'm suddenly VERY hungry!! This looks so scrumptious!

Vicki said...

My crockpot is my BFF in the kitchen! I've made a recipe like that for years using a roast, but never tried it with a ham. I think I will, that looks yummy!

Mari said...

Hmm smells good - no doubt about it!

Anonymous said...

We will love this. Thanks!

Linda said...

Any crockpot recipe is golden, thanks for sharing, Mari. Have a beautiful Thursday.

Terri D said...

I need to start using my crock pot again. This looks and sounds delicious!

Patsy said...

I like using the crockpot --this will be good.
Thanks!

Kerin said...

Good to know that the recipe turned out well!
Love using my slow cooker all year round :)

~K.

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds delicious. And yes, I would agree....a recipe to be used again and again. PLUS....an EASY recipe. I like that.

I'm late getting around to visiting this week...hope you're having a lovely day Mari. Loved your beautiful W W [cherries!]

Sally said...

Oh my, my - now that really looks good! :)

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I do something similar with a roast - but ham, I bet, is perfect with these flavors! Yummy and thanks for sharing. ;)
Happy weekend to you my Dear. xoxo

Jennifer Hays said...

That sounds good, Mari. It's always nice to see new ham ideas because I usually have plenty left over after Christmas and Easter.

Cherdecor said...

Now that is good eat'n, as they say around here!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a winner!!!! xoxo

Laura said...

Looks easy - my kind of recipe!