Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cooking Thursday


I made these cookies last week and thought I should share the recipe.  It's an oldie, but a goodie!  My mom made these when I was a kid, so this recipe has been around a while.  She often made them with chocolate chips, but we love them with M&M's.  They're a tender, light cookie and are yummy!
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.
 


Angel Cookies

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup Crisco
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
16 ounces M&M's or chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla, then blend in dry ingredients.
Stir in M&M's or chocolate chips.  Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

6 comments:

Judy said...

These look so yummy! I love cookies with M&M's in them.

Unknown said...

I wish I enjoyed cooking like so many of my friends, but I dont. I would be making those for sure.

Brooke said...

of course you post this the week i start back on my diet!

Jenny said...

Mouthwateringly charming.

Anita said...

Coincidentally, I've had more than my share of cookies today, but seeing these still make me want more!

Unknown said...

YUMMMMMM! I want one right now for breakfast : )