Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cooking Thursday


I'm sharing a recipe I tried the for the first time last week.  It was really good and got rave reviews from Bob and Heather.  As a bonus - it's a crock pot recipe and is easy to throw together.
For more recipes, visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.


Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken

1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 green peppers, sliced
2 pounds chicken tenders
corn starch and water for thickening
cooked rice

Mix together the juice, brown sugar and soy sauce in crock pot.  Add chicken tenders and stir to cover.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove juice from crockpot, and pour into saucepan.  Heat to a low boil, then stir in corn starch/water mix and heat till thickened.
Return to crockpot and stir together with chicken and green pepper.
Serve over rice.
 

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the sound of this recipe. Cooking too many of the same things around here! lol Thanks!

Betsy Brock said...

mmmm...that sounds really delicious! we love those flavors!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

You always have great recipes to share. I want to come to your house for dinner ;)

Le monde dÖ said...

Delicious :) Have a sweet day.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This sounds delicious. I'm always looking for a new way to fix chicken.

Brooke said...

everyone let's head to Mari's house for dinner tonight!! :) yum!

Beth Cotell said...

I've made something very similar to this before and it is delicious!

Connie said...

This sounds so good; I'm trying it.

CAROLDEE said...

Gonna try this as it is way more simple than the one I made before. Looks tasty.. Thanks!! :-)

Jenny said...

Now I know what TG and I are having for dinner on Sunday. Thanks, Mari xoxoxo

Sandra said...

Oh that looks delicious, thank you for sharing Mari ;)