Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Visits with Alaina

I've been able to spend a lot of time with Alaina this week and what fun I've had!
Laura had an appointment on my day off, so Heather and I went to their house to watch her for several hours.


This picture is a little fuzzy, but I love that cute little nose and those baby lips. :)


We even got to give her a bath. Is there anything sweeter than a baby just out of the bath, wrapped up in a towel?

Such a sweet smile!


She was paying close attention to what Aunt Heather had to say.



It was a beautiful day, so after she had her bath and something to eat we bundled her up and went out for a walk.

~~~

Then we got another treat on Friday when she came to spend the night!

She is starting to realize when her Mom and Dad aren't around and wasn't real happy about being left with us! Grandpa reassured her that we weren't all bad and walked around with her to calm her down.



Grandma enjoyed every minute of snuggling with her. She slept from about 10:15 till 6:45 in the morning, so I couldn't complain about that!



Oliver wasn't too sure about this little person. This is the closest he came the whole time.


This is a good example of how things went - everyone was at Alaina's beck and call - even just sitting and watching her play!


Here she is, bundled up in her little bear coat, ready to go home again. Her Dad and Mom missed her and were really ready to see her again.
We gave an open invitation for her to come again - any time!

21 comments:

Jean said...

Oh, I just LOVE this post!!!! I had to laugh out loud at the picture of Bob and Heather watching her and your comment that everyone was at Alaina's beck and call, even watching her play. Isn't it just the best being grandparents????

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful child! Love that smile of hers. I know you look forward to lots of visits in the future and I hope you will share her with us!

Susan said...

All babies are cute and sweet but Alaina is truly a beautiful child!!! She is blessed to be born into the family she was and you all are blessed.

ancient one said...

Oh I can feel the love in all those pictures. I know you enjoyed every minute!! You have a very beautiful granddaughter!

LuAnn said...

Oh Mari - she is so cute. I can see the joy she brings to your family. Ilove her hat. Do you know who made it - I am crocheting hats and just love it??? If you are able to get a pattern sometime I would love to make it.

Thanks Mari !!!!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, she is SO sweet! And yes, it is true there there isn't anything better than a baby just out of the bath! Aww!

Karin said...

What an adorable smile on that sweet little baby! So glad you can enjoy this precious and make these wonderful memories! I've had my treasured opportunities!! Be blessed!

Shelly said...

What a wonderful time spent with your little beautiful grandaughter! Thanks for sharing your adventure and I am sure that the open invitation will be used again. What a blessing!

Connie said...

Alaina is adorable. Keep those pictures comin..........

Kalli said...

She is so cute!

Sylvia said...

Love the picture of you both looking at her. What a precious little girl she is and so cute. So enjoying seeing pictures of her.

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet, sweet, and more sweet! I think my favorite is the one 'just watching her play'!!!! I can so relate to that one. Well, heck...all of them, but that one particularly is my favorite because the 'inner feeling' one has watching the innocence of discovery.

sara said...

Mari, she is so beautiful!!! and I can see from the smile on your face that you are completely smitten!!!

Mari said...

She is super duper cutealicious too! I want to squeeze her cheeks. :o)

Nancy said...

You and granddaddy look so happy...There's nothing like them is there? Take lots of pictures and make lots of memories; my granddaughter turned 5 yesterday and it seems like only yesterday she was like Alaina.....

I love the pictures; so sweet.....and by the way, she is beautiful....

Heart2Heart said...

She is truly an angel and I agree just having babies around keeps you smiling and so young again!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jenny said...

Girl you knocked it out of the park with this post! What a DARLING GIRLIE is Alaina!!! I am champing at the bit to meet my new grandbaby in February and you're only making it worse ... I mean, BETTER, hahahaha!!!! Congratulations again and that is wonderful, how well she is sleeping at night. I know Laura and Aaron are ecstatic. God bless the little family.

Leslie Basil Payne said...

I especially love the first two photos. What a *beautiful* little bundle.

S. Etole said...

What a happy little smile! And the kitty looks plenty wary.

Beth said...

I loved all of this and can relate to it all also.
Oliver made me laugh aloud! George won't even get that close! Scruffy will let them (even the 10 mo. old) to pet her gently and she will snuggle up and nap with the older ones. But George hides in the basement esp. when the 4 & 6 yr. olds are here.
She looked so soft and all cute girl baby stretched out on the floor in that pink outfit. I imagine she had just kicked her feet before that pic. I just want to get down and watch her too!:>)
I'm so glad you're getting to spend time with her. :>)

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Mari, she's is absolutely adorable! I know exactly what you mean about enjoying just watching her play. When I'm with Daven, all I want to do is hold him, watch him play, feed him, snuggle with him, listen to his coos, etc. He has my heart!

Hugs,
Kat