Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cooking Thursday




Sandra over at Diary of a SAHM is hosting Cooking Thursday again. I've got a great chicken recipe that came from Sandra herself! She's a great cook and I often save her recipes. I bookmarked this one some time ago and then forgot to make it. Well - I found the recipe and decided to try it. It was quick, easy and yummy! Try it - you'll like it!




Sandra's Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices,
then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious!

Penny said...

WHAT??! Oh my gosh, that looks so yummy! I need you to live near me so I can do some taste testing, lol!!!

Beth Cotell said...

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and pinned it to make in the near future. Glad to know it turned out well! I will definitely be making it!

Sandra said...

I have to say that is by far my most talked about recipe from the blog....and you're so right, so simple to make but boy is it GOOD. :)

Unknown said...

That looks delicious but first, I need to get my blood pressure under control.

Jenny said...

oh good grief ...

running for chicken and bacon ...

Anna said...

My family liked it! I've only made it once....maybe it's time to make it again. :-)

Marsha Young said...

Mari -
Oh, wow, that DOES sound delicious. Tonight I am cooking pork chops, but I think I will try this recipe this weekend.

This is a good one! Thanks - Marsha

Jean said...

That sounds amazing. Now I'm hungry!