Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cooking Thursday

Sandra is hosting Cooking Thursday again. Stop over there for more recipes.
Here's what I'm sharing today:




Chicken Empanadas


3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
8 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pkg refrigerated pie crust
water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, jalapeno, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in Colby Jack cheese and shredded chicken.
Unroll pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15 inch circle. Cut out rounds, using a 3 inch cookie cutter, re-rolling dough as needed. Repeat, making 12-15 rounds.
Arrange one round on clean, dry surface and moisten edges with water. Place one heaping teaspoon of chicken mix in center of circle. Fold dough over filling, then press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining rounds.
(At this point the empanadas can be frozen if desired)
Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
May be served with salsa and sour cream, or eaten as they are.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum, sounds like these would taste very good maybe even with a little ranch dressing.

Cherdecor said...

I have made these before and they are simply to die for! However, one time I got the chicken a little too tough. I don't remember what happened but my guests had to do a lot of chewing. Ha! Ha!

sara said...

these sound so yummy!!!

Unknown said...

Your house must always smell so good!! Another good looking recipe!!

Mary Lee said...

I am going to make this!

Pat said...

I've never made these, but they sound great. The fact that they can also be frozen is a real plus. YUM!

Brooke said...

delish!

Susan said...

One of our famorites!!

Jenny said...

OK now this one's truly inspired, Mari. I'm going to make these with my grandchildren. Something tells me they'll love them! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Sweet Tea said...

I love that these are baked, rather than fried. They look yummy and I bet they smell divine when they are baking.

Betty W said...

These look so yummy! I love your recipes Mari.

I gave you an award at my blog today. I hope you come and get it.

Christina said...

Yummy and they sound easy to make.

Glad Andy is happy about the cap too. I think if you are the guys and the beret is not covering your face then it doesn't help in the work environment. These are a lot easier for the military.

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

Those look heavenly and sound super easy to make. After watching all these cooking shows, time I try some amazing recipes.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Blessed Beyond said...

Oh these sounds so good and look great! Thank you for sharing.