Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mystery Spot

Heather and I were in Holland, and we stopped at a park to walk around. On the edge of the park, near a small pond was a little brick building, so we walked over to see it.
We can't imagine what it was used for but it was kind of neat to look around.

The building is next to a hill that has a deck built off the side. This picture is taken, looking at it from under the deck.



Looking inside


Do you see the open areas in the floor?


The door is peeling.




A peek at some of the machinery inside.
It's a mystery - I wonder what this was used for?

14 comments:

Sadie said...

Looks like a neat photo spot! :)

Sweet Tea said...

A Torture Chamber!!
Maybe I've watched too many horror movies.

Mike Golch said...

it might have been a pumping station.

Kalli said...

Where in Holland is this? I am from Holland! Is it new the water?

Rose said...

The sight of old house startles me! I'm not sure what this could be..
It doesn't look like a residential area though .
The House Personality Test
What portion of the house are you?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/house-personality/house-personality_instructions.asp

Brooke said...

how interesting! a fun little stop. :)

Jenny said...

It makes me nervous that you and Heather were peeking in there! LOL it looks so ominous! I hate dark dusty places but the machinery looks fascinating. I hope it was a printing press ... WORD!!

Jenny said...

Oh and I forgot to say ... excellent photos! I would've loved sticking my camera in between those red bars.

Penny said...

Cool photos!!! And, unfortunately, I am not knowledgable about much history, so I couldn't venture a guess.

Beth said...

Great photos though I can't help you on what the building is.

Connie said...

I don't know what it is but I'm not surprised that you and your camera found it. LOL

Rebecca said...

Isn't it fun to wonder???

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks like a photographer's dream come true. Lots of photo ops. Glad you didn't fall through any of those holes!

Shelly said...

You always find great spots to go take some photos.

Not sure what that place is but instantly thought of the holes in the floor like a floor that drops away and the people fall through.