Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Just Too Busy!


Not too long after I started blogging, I met Joanne Kraft, through her blog Blessed. I quickly found that she was as beautiful on the inside as she is in this picture. As she blogged about her family, which includes husband Paul and their four kids and her job as a 911 dispatcher, it was soon apparent that she was a talented writer and encourager to Mom's and families.
Now she has written a book, based on her experiences as a busy wife and Mom.


Just Too Busy is Joanne's personal story of how life can get so busy that family is put on the back burner, and what she and her family did to change things.
Although my kids are now grown, I remember all too well how hectic life could get, with each family member seeming to be going in a different direction. I could have used this book then! However, even now I found things in it that made me think about how to enjoy time with my family instead of getting caught up in the busyness of life. In this book, Joanne reminded me of what is really important in life, and she did it in an honest, humorous way which made the book really enjoyable to read.
If your life is too busy, whether you are a Mom or a Grandma, this book will make you laugh, think and give you some great advice!
There is another bonus in this book - it can be used as a group study.
If you are interested in downloading the free leaders guide you can find it here.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a good book and what a beautiful lady.

Karin said...

She's so pretty! Great to have her be successful! Sounds like a lovely gift for younger families too!

Just Be Real said...

Mari, thank you for your recent visit to my blog and your uplifting prayers. Means a lot. Blessings.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Congrats to Joanne!!!!!

Nancy said...

It's always good to hear when someone finds ways to keep their priorties straight.....The books reflects she has accomplsihed this.....i like you wish I had had it when I was younger and the kids were home....I will definitely pass this on to my daughter......

Have a good week Mari....

Brooke said...

thanks for the link to the resources. as a non-mommy i'm not sure this would apply to me, but i have plenty of mommy friends that could use it!

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent, excellent commentary Mari!!! And yes, I agree, she is beautiful.

Well done.

You are getting more rain? I am sooooooooo jealous!!!

Hootin Anni said...

PS....your blossom post below this is simply stunning!! That rose arbor is gorgeous.

Betty W said...

It´s good to hear that some families are trying to slow down and focus on the important things in life. I hope many people read the book and that it is a success.

Sharon said...

It sounds like a great book and I wish I had it when I my boys were younger.
Thanks for posting about it
Have a great day.

Christina said...

Thanks for posting about this book. It will help a lot of people slow down and enjoy their families.

Shelly said...

So neat to see someone write a book. Life can get busy.