Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Country fun

Saturday night we continued a tradition. For as long as I can remember, my family has attended an annual Chicken BBQ in August. It takes place in a country park that is near my childhood home.

It's out in the country, but lots of people show up for this, as you can tell by this line!


My whole family was there with the exception of Bob, who had to work. Here is my cute Dad and stepmom.


I enjoy going not only because the chicken is good, but also because I see lots of people I don't get to see very often. These are several of my Dad's sisters and brothers.


Any good event in farming country has to show some tractors. There was a big line of antique tractors on display, but I like this one because I remember my Dad using one like it.


After eating we went on a wagon ride, and as we came back to the parking area, we got a nice cooling mist from these Firemen.

The kids enjoyed the petting zoo. These are my nieces with some baby goats.


Baby chicks are so cute!


Have you ever seen such a fuzzy bunny?
There were other things going on as well; a community band was playing and there was a ball game going on. A good time was had by all!

18 comments:

Karin said...

Ooooo, I love that bunny! So soft! Sounds like a memorable time and lots of fun to reconnect with friends and family!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time, love the fuzzy bunny.

Heart2Heart said...

These are the very things I miss about small towns. I love it! The fuzzy bunny is so adorable I could just hug him.

Looks like you had a great time.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Justabeachkat said...

What fun!

Hugs,
Kat

Unknown said...

I wish I was there! What fun! The bbq and family and the kids and the animals....that's what I call enjoyment!

Hootin Anni said...

This all looks like so much fun! [as I type the comment I see the most cutest of cute bunnies!]. Your family is so sweet...and your father?----he's a doll! He looks so happy with your step mother.

Mmmmm, BBQ chicken. I'll be there with you next August. At least in spirit!

Patti said...

What fun, Mari....you seem to find such interesting things to do! Love the little bunny - too cute!

Just Mom said...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were right here in So. Dak.!

That fuzzy bunny sure is a cutie.
:-D

Auntie E said...

I love county fairs. We just finished one and now the State is having theirs. We by the Local honey at our fair. this year my daughter entered her photos.
Looks like you all had a great time.
Here's a Link is for you to my garden site

septembermom said...

The little chick is so cute. I would love to go to a country fair someday. They look like lots of fun. Great pictures Mari.

Kari said...

I love these kinds of traditions and sounds like a fun event.
It looks like you have a big family.
I love the red on the tractor and that is one cute fuzzy bunny.

Connie said...

Nice pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all. I love the chick.

Brooke said...

your dad is such a cutie!! :)

Betty W said...

I bet lots of people come to see old friends and family. Looks like a great time and a great tradition.

Terri said...

It was fun and the chicken was delicious as always!

Pat said...

These fairs are so much fun, but I think even more so when it's in your own town. How nice to see family and friends all eating BBQ chicken and enjoying a great day!

Cherdecor said...

There is nothing like a chicken BBQ in August with family and friends. What a cute bunny!

Jenny said...

I'd stand in line for BBQ chicken too!