Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Pier at Grand Haven

We went out for supper with friends the other night, and then decided to walk the pier at Grand Haven.
This is along the boardwalk, near the Coast Guard Station.

Watching the waves roll is in always relaxing.


It was windy, so there were some boaters having a great time on the waves. They don't look too big here, but were really washing over the pier at times.


There were quite a few people walking to the lighthouse at the end of the pier, which brings up a funny story. As we were walking, my sandal caught in an uneven spot and you can guess what happened. Yes - I felt myself going down, in slow motion! I saved my camera but scraped up my knees and totally messed up my pride! Being graceful has never been my strong point. :)



It was a good night for sailing!


The outer pier light.


The waves were splashing up against the pier.


What you see above is a little fish, that washed up with one of the waves. It took several waves to wash him back into the lake. When that happened, there was a big cheer from everyone gathered at the end of the pier!



The inner pier light.

It was a beautiful evening. Tomorrow I'll share the sunset!

23 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

These are beautiful. Especially the one that says "The Waves were splashing up against the pier."

Karin said...

Love your little corner of the world!

Aspiemom said...

I can't believe you live near such a beautiful place. You got some really pretty pictures - so glad you protected your camera!

Pat said...

So pretty!
I would have probably tripped too!

Mike Golch said...

cool photos,thanks for taking us along with you on the walk.

Sandra said...

You got some really good photos Mari, beautiful :) The waves one is stunning!

TJ said...

Sorry about your fall. Ouch! Great pictures again. The beach looked clean and inviting. Yea for the little fishy.

Terra said...

Your photos capture the beauty of the water and harbor, and glad to hear you survived the fall.

Connie said...

Your pictures are great! Glad you didn't harm your camera. Sorry for your fall though.

Lynn said...

What beautiful pix, Mari! My favorites are the second one with the waves rolling in and the sailboat one. Lovely.

septembermom said...

I would love to watch that scene for hours. So restful. The waves pic is great.

Hootin Anni said...

I love the wave splashing on the pier....and I know I have told you before, this is where my MIL was born and grew up. Like old family week for me.

Oh, and yes, the Roosevelt quote today was a hoot, wasn't it?

Have a great Tuesday.

Unknown said...

So beautiful, I really need to visit there! We could have lunch! =) Oh, and I totally would have tripped too, I hit my 50's and for whatever reason I've become the trip-queen! My poor knees...

Brooke said...

gorgeous!!!

Betty W said...

I would love to live so close to the water. Gorgeous scenery! I¨m glad you didn´t seriously hurt yourself. I know what it´s like to fall down in front of others...

Jenny said...

My soul, what gorgeous pictures! I am so jealous! That wave you caught in the sun is breathtaking. And I love all the things painted red. I am so sorry you fell down!

Teri said...

I love all your photos. I would so enjoy being close to the shore.

You and I should compare bruises. I bump into stuff all the time. All the time.

A Stone Gatherer said...

You're such a great photographer Mari! they are beautiful!!!

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, Mari! I just caught up with your last week of posts! First of all, now I'm really hungry for an elephant ear and some of that Japanese salad! Many of your pictures from the fair and the chicken barbecue look very familiar - we have many events like that here in PA. But these pictures from the lake are not like anything we ever see around here! They are amazingly beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! These pictures are gorgeous miss mari. Just lovely. I am so sorry you fell. I am glad you could recover quickly.

Sue O said...

I'm still having trouble with the concept of lake as beach! But your photos are bringing that reality home to me. Love the one of the wave splashing against the sky.

Cherdecor said...

Your pictures are stunningly beautiful! Grand Haven is such a beautiful place.

Shelly said...

Another great post and pictures. Is there really anything you can't do?