Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I can see clearly now...

On Friday, both of my daughters had Lasik surgery done. They were scheduled 30 minutes apart, so we all were together in the waiting room. Heather's surgery was scheduled first.
This Dr has a big window into the surgery area so family and friends can watch if they want.

Here they are doing Heather's surgery. The Dr is sitting directly in front of the window, and the screen near the ceiling shows what he is doing.


Here is a close up of Heathers eye, as they prepared to work on it. She was only in the room for about 15 minutes. Both girls said there was no discomfort as they worked on their eyes, but it was quite sore for a few hours afterward. however - they both came home and slept during that time. Now they just have a few weeks of eye drops and they are done. They were both amazed to walk out of the building and be able to see clearly. No more contacts, no more glasses!

17 comments:

mariel said...

glad the recovery is going well for your daughters. i am a big chicken and after seeing your daughter's eye, i am totally good with my contacts!~! :)

Raise Them Up said...

That's awesome! I'm glad it went well, and I hope they heal quickly!It's amazing what doctors can do today!

Karin said...

What a blessing that all went well and they are spared having to wear contacts and glasses. Too cool! How awesome is God to give skills to people to be able to help others!

Heart2Heart said...

Mari,

What a difference it will make in their lives. My hubby had it done quite a few years ago but I can't get pass the eye open thing for me so I continue to wear my glasses. Makes me look smarter right?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Nancy said...

Isn't it wonderful how God has blessed us with this wonderful technology.....I am so glad for both your girls.....

Have a wonderful week....

Shelly said...

That is awesome! What a great shot of her eye too. The thought of ones eye being held open like that. CRAZY!!!! Amazing the technology today.

Unknown said...

I'm so very envious. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk outside without glasses or contacts on. I hope that they heal quickly.

Lynn said...

The results people have from this surgery are still amazing to me. amazing!

Connie said...

Wow - how amazing. Glad it went well. My son had it done too.

Pat said...

What a blessing technology is! I've always said if I could change one thing about myself it would be to have good eye sight.
Good for the girls!!!!

Sharon said...

Glad that things went well for your daughters. I have trouble getting eye drops in my eyes.
Hubby had this done about 4 years ago and he said he to could see so much better. I think I will stay with my glasses. I'm a big baby!!!

Rebecca said...

How wonderful that both surgeries produced such great results! I would have been a "basket-case" watching though (I think)...

Lara said...

I'm glad that everything went on well.

Betty W said...

What a great thing! I´m so happy for them both. I totally want to do this some day. I hate glasses!

Just Mom said...

After having my own surgery not too long ago, I have a greater appreciation for how far the medical profession has come.

I'm glad your daughters are doing well and that the surgery went well for them. :-D

septembermom said...

It is amazing! I wish I could go through with it. I'm glad to hear that they are recovering nicely.

Jenny said...

Incredible technology! I need this.