Sunday, August 31, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
2. How long have you been together? We celebrated our 27th anniversary last week.
3. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for a little over a year before we got married. We were engaged after 5 months!
4. How old is your man? He turned 50 in June
5. Who eats more? You wouldn't know it to look at us, but he does. We call him the cookie monster at our house.
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did.
7. Who is taller? He is. He is 5'10" and I am 5'5".
8. Who sings better? Good question - neither of us are great but I'm probably on key more than he is. He does make a "joyful noise" though!
9. Who is smarter? Depends on the subject. We each have our things.
10. Whose temper is worse? I'd have to say his.
11. Who does the laundry? I do
12. Who takes out the garbage? He usually puts it out on trash day. As far as emptying the wastebaskets and bringing it out, it's either one of us.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do.
14. Who pays the bills? I do.
15. Who is better with the computer? Probably me - he would say that's because I'm on it so much.
16. Who mows the lawn? He does - and does a much better job at it than I would!
17. Who cooks dinner? I do - unless I ask him to grill something.
18. Who drives when you are together? Usually Bob, but sometimes I do.
19. Who pays when you go out? I'm usually the one that takes the money along.
20. Who is the most stubborn? I have to admit that usually it's me!
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me - he would just as soon not talk about things and just get on with it. I like to get things settled.
22. Whose parents do you see most? I see my Dad sometimes during the day, when he stops at our house or stops where I work. Other than that, we see them about the same.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.
24. Who asked who out? He asked me out.
25. Who proposed? He did
26. Who is most sensitive? Me - sometimes I'm upset about something and he doesn't have a clue!
27. Who has the most friends? We are each other's best friends, and the people I'm friends with, he is too. I probably have more casual friends than he does.
28. Who has more siblings? I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, he has 2 sisters and 3 brothers.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? He teases me about this, but in reality - he does!
30. How did you meet? My cousin married his brother and they set us up.
Hope you had fun reading this. I'd love to see you do it too!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Pearl - if you read this post, I have to say thanks to you and Ron for doing a great job of raising your son.
Happy Birthday Aaron! We love you!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
(This is actually the year I graduated from High school and my senior pictures didn't look like this!)
Pretty funny, right? If you want to try this out, go to Yearbook Yourself. I'm hoping to see some of your pictures too. Have fun!
Friday, August 22, 2008
2. The beauty I see in nature
3. My updated kitchen
4. good weather
5. a day off
6. Praise time at church
Now I'm supposed to pass this on to 6 people and this is the hard part, because so many of you are creative! I'm listing people that I remember posting about creative things they've done. Here's my list:
1. Jennifer from Zaankali's Adventures
2. Cheryl from Cherdecor
3. Sandra from Diary of a SAHM
4. Mary from Mary's Writing Nook
5. Perri from My Life in Bits and Pieces
6. Leslie from The Wright Girls
That's my 6! Now you can all pass it on!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- each ear has about 600 kernels, arranged in bands of 14 to 16
- one bushel of corn contains a total of about 90,000 kernels
- there is one strand of silk for each kernel (no wonder it's so hard to get it all off!)
1 Prepare your grill, gas or charcoal, with direct, high heat, about 550°F.
2 Remove just the visible silks from the tips of the corn. Place the corn in their husks on the hot grill. Cover. Turn the corn occasionally, until the husks are charred on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3 Remove corn from grill. Let sit for 5 minutes. Use a hand towel to protect your hands while removing the silks and charred husks from the corn.
Serve hot, with butter.
Hope you enjoy!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Here is another example. I bought tomatoes at the farmers market and put them in a bag on my counter. This tomato was still firm and good after 2 weeks!
For more Works for me Wednesday tips, visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer.
Monday, August 18, 2008
. Here are several family members enjoying that delicious chicken.
.They had a small petting zoo which included these angora rabbits, other baby bunnies, chicks, and goats. There were also demonstrations by the fire department, police, crash dummies and jaws of life. The kids enjoyed a bounce house and a few other fun inflatable things.
They also had a corn maze. I've always thought it would be fun to do this. I grew up on a farm and remember walking down the rows of corn and feeling so hidden. It was fun to walk through the maze following my 2 nieces. I'm always surprised by how tall the corn is and how you really can't see to get out. We did eventually find our way to the end, and then went on a hay ride. It was a fun evening. The only problem was that I forgot my camera so I have to confess that I stole these pictures from my sister. Thanks Terri!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Here is a view that shows more. Do you see that lovely dishwasher? I have been enjoying using it all week.
As I post this, Bob has finished putting up the tile for the back splash. It just has to set, and then it can be grouted. The floor comes after that. It's almost done!
My friend Sharon, from Quiet Reflections has passed on this Friendship award. I am so thankful for the friends I have met online, that I would have never known without blogging. You make me laugh, cry, pray with me, share recipes, share inspirational thoughts and so much more!
I have a hard time choosing just a few of you to pass it too, so I'm passing it on to all of you regular readers. Your friendship means a lot to me. Sharon - thanks so much for sharing this with me!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes (optional)
Place potatoes and carrots in a slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups, garlic and salt; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. To thicken if desired, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook for 30 minutes longer.
Yield: 4 servings
For more slow cooker recipes visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
The girls were quite interested in this. They would be out on a bike ride, then stop by to see how the carving was going. I know Bob enjoyed having them around and he had some fun conversations with them too!
Left to right: Shaelyn (Terri's) and Arianna and Halle (Cheri's)
Monday, August 11, 2008
We had a lot of really nice weather, but there were a few periods of this:
This storm came on Wednesday and it looked like a small river was running through the campground! It only lasted a short while though, and then we saw this:
Left to right: Heather, Bob, Laura, Aaron
While we were standing in the gazebo, Bob got a call from Andy. Heather, Laura and Aaron went for a walk on the beach while he was talking.
I love to watch the sun set over the lake. Here are pictures from a few different days: