Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

Photo Books

I took a blog break in early December and told you all I was working on some photo books for gifts.
Several of you contacted me and asked that I share a little about them after Christmas, so I'm doing that today.
I do a book for each of our granddaughters every year.  I do the book for a year of their lives, and since their birthdays are in Oct, Nov, and Dec, it works well to finish them and give them at Christmas.
I use the photos I take all year and my daughters are good at sharing their pictures with me too.  I'm also not above stealing pictures from their facebook pages!


Here's Cassie's book.





Here's Ruby and Alaina's.  Their books are always similar because of the same events, but they each have their own things in them too.




Here's a page from Alaina's book.  This is the page I did about my Dad after he passed, with lots of pictures of Great Grandpa and her. Ruby's book has a similar page, but with more pictures of her with my Dad.


This is from Cassie's book with pictures I took of her on the 4th of July.


My goal is always to work on these as events happen, so when it gets close to December, I'm not in a mad rush.  Somehow, I always seem to be in a rush though, and this year was especially bad because I'd been so busy with my Dad's estate.  I had some late nights but got them done on time.

I also do a book for Bob and I with events from our year, and I'm working on getting that done now.  It's so fun to look back at those photos!

I've tried several different companies for this, but I now always use Mixbook. I'm not getting any money for this, just telling you who I like. Their books always look professional, print up looking just like it looks on the computer and are user friendly.  There's lots of options for fonts, backgrounds, layouts and stickers.
This is a great way to preserve memories and I enjoy doing it!







18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! I love these photo books. They must take quite a bit of time and effort on your part, but what great memories for your granddaughters! You remind me that I need to get going on making my 2023 blog books. I hope you have a great week. See you again soon!

Mandy said...

I love these! What a treasure for the girls and their parents! I had one of my son made when he was a baby, and now I wish I had done one for each year.

R's Rue said...

So cool

Suemn said...

What a neat gift. The girls will especially appreciate them as they get older and remember their growing up years and the times with all their relatives.

Debby said...

That is so special and what a beautiful keepsake for the girls.

Catherine said...

It is such a good present! The books look nicely done.

acorn hollow said...

What wonderful gifts! My daughter does a calendar of mostly the same thing. All different things they did and we all did together.
Cathy

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That's so awesome that you make books for your grandchildren each year - what a precious gift! Are you a scrapbooker in previous days also? I loved to scrapbook and made tons of books through the years, and have since switched mostly to digital also. I have only used Shutterfly, but find they are quite expensive. I will be interested in perusing Mixbook's site since you recommend them so highly. Many blessings to you!

Jeanette said...

That is such an awesome idea! Those books will be such treasures to them their whole lives!

Billie Jo said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea!!!! What a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing, my friend.

Terri D said...

This is such a great idea! I've done several for special events but love your "annual" projects for each of the girls and for yourselves. I will check out Mixbook. I have always used Shutterfly. Thanks for sharing this with us. I know the books are treasured!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think this is a lovely idea, such a nice gift.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Mari these are absolutely beautiful! What a treasure for the girls to have and look back on. I need to put this idea to use. You have my wheels spinning!! Thanks for sharing!

Dianna said...

Mari, this is such a wonderful idea and thank you for sharing with us. The pages you did in honor of your dad are so precious! What a treasure for the girls. Love the picture on the front of Cassie's book. She's such a photogenic youngster.

Thank you also that you you mentioned who you use. I've used two different ones in the past and haven't been extremely pleased with the outcome. So, the next time I need to do one, I'll definitely give this company a try.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word this is so wonderful! I need to learn from your example. Although how I would do eight of those, one for each grandchild, is truly beyond me, hahaha! Truly heirloom quality books that they will cherish for their whole lives. Well done, my friend! xoxo

Susan said...

Those books look amazing!!!!

Sola Scriptura said...

The books are beautiful! I’m sure the girls look forward to getting their book every year.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These are absolutely precious Mari! And complete treasures because your memories and thoughts are stored with the sweet pics. I know your family must be beyond grateful you do these. ;)