Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Here's something I made when Andy and Nikki were here around Christmas. It's an overnight French Toast breakfast that was really good.  It uses refrigerated cinnamon rolls as a base.  It makes a 9x13 pan so is good for a crowd, but you could half it and make a 9x9 pan. The leftovers heat up well.
If you are looking for something for a Christmas brunch, this would be a good one!



Overnight French Toast Bake
Cinnamon Roll Mixture:
2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing
8 ounces cream cheese, very softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon milk
Egg Mixture:
2 1/4 cups half and half
6 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Arrange rolls from both cans of dough as evenly as possible in pan. Bake 13-17 minutes till done and allow to cool.
When cool, cut each cinnamon roll into 9 pieces. Spread half of them back into the 9x13 pan.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and milk. Spoon dollops of the cream cheese over the cinnamon roll pieces. Then spread the remaining cinnamon roll pieces over the top.
Beat together the half and half, eggs, sugar cinnamon and vanilla.  Pour evenly over the cinnamon rolls and with back of spoon, press roll pieces into the egg mix.
Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35-45 minutes until lightly browned and set.
Spoon icing over French Toast Bake and serve warm.



20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks divine!!! I love it when you share recipes!

Debby said...

My husband would love this.

Mandy said...

Saving this one for sure! I love cinnamon rolls!

Sola Scriptura said...

Wow, that looks delicious!

roentare said...

That looks so yum!

Terri D said...

Delicious and great for any brunch gathering, no matter the season!! Thanks Mari! Another one saved!!

Donna said...

Thanks for the recipe Mari! Looks Wonderful...
hugs
Donna

Dianna said...

Looks delicious, Mari!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Suemn said...

Yum! I would love to have this for breakfast.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I would make the 9x13 pan, bake it ahead of time when no one was looking, get up at 4:00 in the morning and eat it all, then serve scrambled eggs to the others. Merry Christmas! xoxo

Catherine said...

Must be delicious!

Jennifer said...

Oh my - this sounds as good as it looks! We will definitely have to give this one a try. Something a little different with the crowd pleasing cinnamon rolls!:)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow! This sounds like a keeper. Perfect holiday brunch food. Yuuummm!

Sandi said...

Thanks, I just ate my computer!

happyone said...

This looks delicious. Would be good for me to bring for a breakfast for a blankets for babies work day!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh my! These look so good! I will be making them for sure. :-)

Kim said...

Oh my, that looks delicious. I'm a sucker for cinnamon.

Lowcarb team member said...

It does look good.

All the best Jan

Pam said...

YUMMY....I would love to have some of that right now. I love sweets. Having had COVID twice in a month altered my taste. I never lost it but things I used to like and I sat down the eat, does not taste like it should to me....however, anything with sugar is still amazing.