Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Cooking Thursday

 Here's another good crockpot recipe!  I will warn you - this makes a large batch, so for two of us we had it for supper, for lunch, for supper again...  I'll make it again because it was good, but will try to half it!



Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried garlic
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 ounce can Rotel, not drained
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
1 pound spaghetti
16 ounces chicken broth - optional

Spray large crockpot with cooking spray.  
Stir together salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, minced onion, soups and Rotel.  Place chicken breast into this mix and place cream cheese on top.
Cook on low for 6 hours.  Remove chicken and shred it.
Stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese.  Add shredded chicken.
Cook spaghetti as directed on package and stir into mix in crockpot.
If not serving immediately, stir in chicken broth.  If you leave it in the crockpot, the pasta absorbs liquid making it dry and the added broth keeps it creamy.

14 comments:

Debby said...

A couple years ago my niece in Alabama was going to make that for dinner - I had never heard of it before but then she changed her mind. I’m going to have to try it.

Debi said...

I make something very similar to this and it's one of our favorite dinners. I don't use Rotel and I use cheddar cheese but everything else is the same. Like you, we eat it for at least two or three meals, but we don't mind leftovers so it's all good! Hope you can get your hair cut!

Mandy said...

Ooh, I love chicken spaghetti! I’ve never tried it in a crockpot. Saving this!

Sola Scriptura said...

Thank you for this recipe, it looks delicious. Certainly worth making.

Dianna said...

I have made this before and it is delicious...but like you, when I make it again I will definitely try to half it.

Jeanette said...

That does look good! I have been trying to half all the stuff I cook lately unless it's something that works good to freeze, like a meatloaf. It's tricky cooking for two.

Terri D said...

Sounds really good, Mari!! You had me at pasta!! LOL Thanks for sharing!

happyone said...

Sure sounds good.

Faith said...

This sounds good but i'm confused. In the ingredients you have "cream cheese" but in the description you have "sour cream". I'm allergic to cream cheese so I'm hoping you meant sour cream? I had to google Rotel. We don't have that brand here so I'll use Hunts brand. This looks like a really good dinner idea! Thanks for posting.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Melanie said...

The crock pot meal sounds yummy! I wonder how well individual servings would freeze. I cook with Rotel a lot. That probably adds a very nice touch to the spaghetti.

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW WOW WOW Mari this sounds delicious! Copied and I will DEFINITELY make this for the family! xoxo

Michelle said...

Looks AND sounds great!

Lowcarb team member said...

Chicken is so versatile.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan