Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Cooking Thursday

Todays recipe is one I made to bring to work one day last week when we decided at the last minute we needed to have a party day after dealing with the crazy weather and the issues that go along with everyone working from home.
I was looking through recipes to find something at was quick to make (It was almost 7pm and I didn't want to spend all night in the kitchen)
I came across this recipe that I had saved and it was so easy!  And - it was very good.  I think the leftovers were even better.
So, if you are wanting to make something tasty, warm and yummy, this is it!



Creamy Chicken Taco Soup

1/2 medium onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans corn, drained
1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded

16 ounces cream cheese
Optional toppings: Shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, tortilla strips

Place all ingredients except cream cheese into crock pot and stir to combine. Place cream cheese on top.
Cook on low for about 6 hours, stir to mix cream cheese in and serve with desired toppings.

19 comments:

Dianna said...

This sounds really good. I will be giving it a try. I'm pretty sure I have all of the ingredients on hand. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum, so comforting and easy. This was really the perfect dish to bring! I love your recipe posts!

Susan said...

Hi Mari, you always have great recipes. That sounds like a hearty soup. I want to make some turkey soup this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Mari, you are a precious friend. THat looks so yummy. We love nice warm dishes in the cold months and sometime even in the warm ones too. Always appreciate you and here is hoping that nothing but good things happen to you all week and weekend long. HUGS

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, This sounds like a really good soup to have during these colder months. I plan to try making it soon but need to pick up a few of the ingredients.

Donna said...

This looks so Wonderful and right up our alley.
Thanks...
hugs
Donna

R's Rue said...

Yum

Sola Scriptura said...

That looks like a great soup for a cold day.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Fabulous! Sounds a lot like our Erica's white chicken chili. I know your coworkers loved this! xoxo

happyone said...

I think soups always tastes better the next day.

Terri D said...

It looks and sounds really good, Mari! Another one to tuck away and give a try! Thanks for always sharing yummy recipes with us!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love soup and I love anything Mexican inspired - so this ticks every box! Yum! ;)

Mrs. White said...

The soup looks wonderful! It is especially nice during the cold weather. God bless!

Prims By The Water said...

I have this recipe and it is good. Janice

Kim said...

Mmm...we had tacos last night so i have everything on hand to make this today! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

This sounds wonderful! And I have all the ingredients for it right now!

Catherine said...

Sounds very tasty with all sort of spices

Lowcarb team member said...

Soups are so good for the cooler months.

All the best Jan

Weekly Meal Plan - Meals On Me said...

Nice Post!!
Please look here at Meal Prep