Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2024

A Day in my Life - January

As I usually do, I'm sharing how the first day of the month went for me.
First I'll share a New Years Eve photo.


My sister Cheri and her husband Mark came over for the evening. We had a nice supper and then got out our old Wii and played some games on it. They left about 10:30, Bob and I stayed up until midnight to see the New Year in and then went to bed.


It was so nice to sleep in on Monday - a rare treat!


After breakfast, Bob decided to try another Wii game since it was all set up. This was Donkey Kong.  It didn't go well.  He decided it's no longer his thing!



We had a green Christmas, and it remained green.  This picture was taken from our porch. It sure doesn't look like January.




I had already taken down our decorations inside, but I took our little porch trees in.  



I left the sled. I think it can be a winter decoration for a while.




Then it was time to clean out the freezer.  Things have been piling up in there and it really needed to be sorted.  When I finished it, I thought I better do the refrigerator too.  




I had a ham bone in the freezer from Christmas that I had taken out and started making a batch of pea soup.  I also started some rolls in the morning and they were rising nicely.



I went for a little walk and saw some beauty in the landscape that's looking kind of drab.










I did another chapter in this book we are studying in Sunday School.  It's such a good one!




And then it was time for supper.  The soup and rolls were good - and you can see we had lots left over for another meal!


We just had a quiet, relaxing evening.  Both of us had a book that we were enjoying.
And that was the end of January 1.  It was another good day!



17 comments:

Debby said...

I’ve never played Wii. The only Wii I know is at the veteran home.
I still have my sled outside because winter doesn’t stop just because it isn’t Christmas. 🎄 Sounds like a nice New Year’s Eve and day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. We have a Wii and haven't played it in years! We should dust it off and fire it up. Glad you had a nice New Year's Day. Your soup and rolls look delicious. So glad that your year is off to a good start. See you again soon!

Sola Scriptura said...

What fun playing the wii! We’ve upgraded to a Nintendo switch and the children love to play it with company. It’s always a lot of fun. I love the photos you took on your walk. You know I’m thinking of scriptures to go with them.

roentare said...

Great companies, good food and playing Wii. Love that life you have

Prims By The Water said...

Neither Bob or I stayed up past midnight. LOL I so love your porch trees and Winter sled. I took down my Christmas and changed displays to Winter. I always do that to cheer me up. We finally got snow on Saturday, but only an inch and it disappeared yesterday. Your pea soup and rolls looked yummy. Oh my do I remember Donkey Kong. We had purchased a Nintendo for our kids when they were younger and I sure did play some of those games. I even broke the Tetris one playing it so much. LOL Hope 2024 is a blessed one for you and your family. Janice

Catherine said...

Your buns look so good!
Glad you had a nice New Year’s Eve .
We stayed home and we had a quiet evening.

Dianna said...

Mari, your soup and rolls look SO delicious. You had a great first day of the new year! I need to do some freezer rearranging myself. It's not my favorite job to do, so I often procrastanate.

Sparky said...

Your place is so lovely. The sled is adorable. Maybe leave it up year round to decorate for each season? I do that with a string of white "Christmas" lights. They brighten up a dark corner without much cost.
It's finally gotten blustery with a damp wind here in SE Georgia. The buns and soup would be heavenly right now. (drool) I think we're having ground Venison Burgers tonight. That's also good on a cold day.
I'm with Bob, Wii wouldn't be my thing either. (lol)
Glad y'all are all OK. Stay safe and warm.
Blessings. xx

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, I too have a Wii that I bought years ago. It comes in handy when my nieces and nephews come to visit and spend the night:) I never did get into play with it although I bought it for myself. Ha! Isn't it nice to have holidays to relax and enjoy friends and family?

Terri D said...

My small group from church is starting a Bible study this month on Habakkuk! My sister-in-law calls those rolls "butt-crack rolls". She makes them for every holiday and that's what we all call them! LOL Delicious by any name! I've never played a Wii game.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Looks like you started the new year in fun and peaceful ways. It was so crazy that it was a green Christmas for all of us northerners and now we're getting hit with all kinds of snow. Of course we are! Lol Stay cozy and wishing you blessings always. xo

Happy@Home said...

It's so nice to start the year off with a clean and organized fridge and freezer after the excesses of the holidays. Your soup and rolls look absolutely delicious.
Love the sled on your porch.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I still have my old Wii.

happyone said...

A nice way to spend the first day of the year.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a great start to the new year!

Lowcarb team member said...

The first day of the year looks and sounds a good one.

All the best Jan

Jenny the Pirate said...

I saw those Rhodes cinnamon rolls in your freezer. You can make those for me when I come to see you. Serve them on the porch with coffee from Bob's new Keurig, hahaha! Anyway I never would have believed a green Christmas in Michigan! Weird. xoxo