Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Cooking Thursday

Here's a great Fall recipe for you.  Since it's time for pumpkin, I thought I would make some pumpkin bread.  This is the best recipe for pumpkin bread, it's moist and so full of flavor, with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.



Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin (not pie mix, just plain canned pumpkin)
1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup raisins, optional
Combine all ingredients.  Place in large, greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until it tests done.
*You can triple this recipe and use one of the large cans of pumpkin (29 ounces = 3 cups of pumpkin).  You will have 3 loaves of the bread and it freezes well.

10 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

I can't believe this! Brittany brought us each a tiny loaf of pumpkin bread a week or so ago, that she'd made from her grandmother's recipe. It was so moist and delicious that I asked for the recipe, which she sent me in a text containing a picture of the recipe written in her grandmother's own hand. I just looked at it again and with a few changes as to measurements, it's identical to your recipe. I have been in the habit for years of buying Pillsbury Quick Bread mixes (pumpkin and banana) which are exceptional on their own, but then I kick them up with real pumpkin and banana, and nuts and so forth. That makes a really good loaf of bread but this recipe of yours (and Brittany's grandma's) is a whole different animal. I'm making some of this for Thanksgiving! Thanks Mari! And thanks Brittany's grandma, haaahaha xoxo

Joyful said...

Very nice looking pumpkin bread.

Laurel Wood said...

Good Morning, Mari. I love pumpkin bread and will give this a try. Looks and sounds so good! Have a nice day.

Debi said...

Mmmmmm... looks delicious. I haven't made pumpkin bread yet this year but it is on my to do list!

Arlene G said...

That just says FALL!!

Changes in the wind said...

Am sure they are delicious!

Henny Penny said...

Your recipes and the food always sound and look delicious. I always plan to make what you have posted...and haven't done one yet. My intentions are good though. One of these days! I did copy the recipe for the latte and told my daughter about it. :)

Connie said...

Yum! And I can almost smell the glorious scents coming from your Autumn spiced kitchen. I love the smell of cinnamon , nutmeg and cloves.

The Liberty Belle said...

Looks delicious! I would love a slice with a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

Yum! That looks so warm and fallish!