Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

Making Pumpkins

I did such a fun craft with Alaina and Ruby last week.  It was easy and really turned out nice.

 We started with a roll of toilet paper.  We unrolled it 8 times...



then loosely wrapped it back up, occasionally twisting it, to give it a more rounded shape.



 Then you take an 18 inch square of material  (we used plaid flannel), put the toilet paper in the middle and pull up one corner, tucking it into the tube in the middle.  Continue around the whole piece of fabric, tucking as you go but not pulling too tight, so it keeps a pumpkin shape.



Once your fabric is on, take one or two twigs and tie green ribbon around them.



Push the twigs into the middle tube with the fabric.  Trim the ribbon and your pumpkin will be done!



 Two completed pumpkins.  Aren't they cute?  They turned out so good that I think I'llmake one for myself too.



The girls were proud of this project and couldn't wait to show their Mom when they got home.

*1/2 yard of fabric makes 2 pumpkins.



19 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

Just lovely!!! So easy but so cute. If I can get out to the store and get some material before pumpkin season is over, I'm definitely doing this with Dagny. Thanks, Mari and thanks, Ruby and Alaina. xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a cute idea and I know they had fun making them. You find the best things for them to do.

Laurel Wood said...

I LOVE THEIR PUMPKINS! SWEET PHOTOS OF THE GIRLS.

Debi said...

What a clever idea! They are really cute!

Beth Cotell said...

Oh my goodness! Those are adorable!

Changes in the wind said...

Those really are cute!

Sally said...

How fun! And, those little ones always bring a huge smile to my face! I can't hardly believe how fast they are growing, and I know they bring such happiness, Mari! :)

xoxo

Kim said...

Just darling (the pumpkins...and YOUR pumpkins!!) and I love your simple directions. Fabulous!

Connie said...

These are so pretty. Thank you for showing us how to make them, I had no idea that it would be so easy to make . . . I love this post and your two little sweeties look so proud and happy with their projects. Beautiful little girls :)

Arlene G said...

Those are much cuter than other toilet paper pumpkins I have seen Mari. I think unrolling the paper and putting it back is the key!!

Connie said...

You do such cute projects with your girls. They are growing up.....

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a clever and adorable craft! They turned out great!! Looks like some proud gals there 😊 🎃

Hootin Anni said...

I just LOVE this idea...I'm gonna make a few for Thanksgiving! So, I'll leave y'now and say...THANKS Mari!!

Dianna said...

Oh, what fun! I love those pumpkins...the girls did an excellent job. They are changing in their looks a bit...looking older but still as precious as ever. You are a wonderful grandma, my friend.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a fun idea. They do look cute.

Doris said...

They are really cute! And the girls too ☺

Terri D said...

Will you be my grandma? Those girls are so blessed by you and this project is adorable. I think I have some orange fabric and just may have to try this one myself!!

Henny Penny said...

This is sooo cute, and the girls in that last picture are even cuter.

LL Cool Joe said...

Very clever, the choice of fabric is perfect too. You can tell they are very pleased with them!