Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Scenes around town...

Fall is a pretty time around here.  Our colors are not as brilliant as usual, but it's still very enjoyable to drive around and enjoy the sights.

The colors around here aren't only on the trees, but in the fields of pumpkins that are being harvested,




and in the many roadside stands that are selling them!




I have to point out these crates.  The last time I shared a picture of them, a lot of you thought they were bee hives, but when you see them close up, you can see that they are wooden crates.  We see them a lot around here - full of pumpkins, squash, gourds and even onions that are being harvested.










When they are full, they are stacked up and covered, before being loaded onto a semi.




This is one of my favorite barns in our area, and I love the way it looks in front of all those colorful trees!



Speaking of gourds, there are some pretty ones in my house too.  Friday, I came home to a package in my mail.  Inside were the 3 colorful gourds and this hand printed card from my friend Mildred from Twenty Seventeen.  She sent them to add to the wooden tote on my dining room table, which is where they now are, adding a nice spot of color.  Thanks Mildred for that sweet surprise!

16 comments:

Karen said...

It's fun to see all the different pumpkins and gourds there are. I love the white pumpkins. By the way, I made your vegetable meatball soup recipe this weekend, and it was a big hit! I used frozen meatballs, and it turned out fine. Thanks for sharing, Mari.

Arlene G said...

Your colors are just brilliant!! That Mildred..she is the best!!

Linda said...

Ohhhhh how lovely, smiles. Sadly, I think our colors are about done here in western NY...they are just not as vibrant as they usually are...and the trees are loosing their leaves already, sadly.

I just love Mildred, smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love the fall colors, and the picture of the barn looks like a postcard or advertisement...beautiful. Hope your new week is a good one.

Ceil said...

Hi Mari! I'm a bit jealous of your color palette this year, we have barely anything to show for fall. (Sad face) The hand-printed card from your blog friend is so cute! What fun to get something in the mail that isn't a bill!
Blessings,
Ceil

Changes in the wind said...

That barn picture is amazing!!

Sally said...

Oh, look at all those beautiful colors! Y'all live in such a wonderful place, Mari! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fall photos, Mari. Glad you like the gourds. Blessings to you this week.

Laura said...

So pretty! I should have gone to that fall stand - looks like a lot better selection and prices than the one I went to!

Cherdecor said...

When I see pumpkins, I think of pumpkin pie, but these pumpkins may not be the pie kind. Like Karen, I like white pumpkins for decorating too. I do love that barn in your picture. How unique! Mildred is such a gem!

Henny Penny said...

It looks beautiful there! We still don't have any color in the leaves. Just lots of dead brown leaves falling. I love the colors of the gourds you got in the mail. What a nice surprise from Mildred.

Terri D said...

There are a few pumpkin patches around here too and they do speak Fall. The colorful trees are absent here though. I always love your photos. That barn is beautiful and I can just see a home with a big front porch standing beyond the barn. A lovely setting indeed!

Betsy Brock said...

Beautiful. I love the barn scene the best! :)

Jenny said...

How charming of Mildred! Those are beautiful. Your leaf color is splendid compared to ours, which is almost nil except for reddening dogwoods. But we have cooler nights coming. Now if we could only get some rain. xoxo

Jean said...

So much beauty!! The best of all is that barn in front of the autumn leaves. A spectacular photo!!

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the Barn shot it would make a great Americana style jigsaw!