Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Cooking Thursday

One thing I like about the change in weather is making soup.  It's a regular on my winter menu.  The recipe I'm sharing today is one I got from an aunt many years ago.  It's always good!

Vegetable Meatball Soup
8 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent
1 pound ground beef in 1 inch balls
1 1/4 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup uncooked rice
2 small potatoes, diced
1 can chopped tomato
10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables for soup
2 envelopes Lipton Beefy Onion soup

Bring water to boil.  Add salt, accent and meat balls.  Bring back to a rapid boil and skim off meat sediment.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.

*I often prepare this in the evening and instead of simmering it for 2 hours, I put it in my crockpot and refrigerate it overnight.  Then when I go to work in the morning, I turn the crockpot on low and come home to a wonderful pot of soup!

15 comments:

Terri D said...

We love soup too!! This one sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious and I bet your home smells wonderful when this has been simmering in the crockpot all day.

Sandi said...

Ah...comfort food.

Linda said...

yum, yum, yum...I so enjoy comfort food in the cold weather, smiles.

Arlene G said...

Great for these chilly nights.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It is finally getting to be soup weather, and we do like it. Thanks for sharing your recipe for this one.

Changes in the wind said...

Sounds good and how cleaver to put it in the crock pot to come home to after work.

Sally said...

Oh, yes! I'm writing this down, Mari. We love soup! :)

xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious looking. And I love your Wordless pumpkin patch in the previous post Mari.

I'm making some soup today for dinner in my slow cooker...pork chili. It's been ages and the kitchen smells terrific right now.

Patsy said...

It is getting that time of the year for us to get out the old soup pot
been nice and cool here.

Brooke said...

do you make your own meatballs or have a favorite premade freezer variety?

terri said...

Love this soup. It's one of my favorites as well

Laura said...

I remember that one! Always so good in the fall. I keep putting soup on the menu, and every day I'm going to make it the weather ends up being crazy hot! And then soup just doesn't sound as good. I made beef stew this week and it ended up being so hot that day! Oh well... there will be plenty of winter to eat soup!

shayndel said...

Looks good and so warming!! Especially hearty with rice in it too! I am going to come back later the week for the recipe!!

Henny Penny said...

Your recipes always look so good...and so does this soup. I am really going to try this one! Thank you!