Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

It's looking like Fall!

I decided it was time to give in and let Fall take over in the house.  I always fight it because I dread winter coming, but it's time.  :)

Here's what it looks like around here.



On the front steps is a huge mum, some pumpkins and some gourds.



At the back door, this cute sign has taken up residence in the old milk jar.



On my table is this old wooden tote.  I got it on an auction site.  It's about 2 feet long and I love the charm.  I want to get a few more pumpkin and gourds to fill it up.



This is in the living room, hanging over some side chairs.




I changed out the things in the candle holder to make it feel like Fall instead of summer.




The tabletops get a redo too.




This is another living room wall.



And a close up of one more table top.

It's always fun to change things out and see new things.  The house feels nice and cozy now!

15 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I feel like scrooge as everyone has decorated so pretty for the fall, and here I sit with nothing....well, I do have some mums outside, so best take a picture of them. Your decorations are all very pretty....love the tote...great idea.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. Your home looks lovely. I am a big fan of Autumn and your decor is beautiful and welcoming. I especially love the tote.

Arlene G said...

Very pretty Mari...happy Fall!!

Linda said...

How very pretty, Mari. Hope you have a beautiful day friend. smiles

Doris said...

I've been slowly putting out a few fall things. Living with a busy 2 year old sorta dictates how much and what will be safe! So, not much makes the cut ;-) Your home is beautiful!

Sally said...

Oh, your home looks lovely, Mari! It's not feeling like fall here yet. LOL

xoxo

Laura said...

So pretty! Just love fall decor!

Saleslady371 said...

Since summer is our dreaded time here in the desert, I get my autumn wreaths out at the break of triple digits!!!! I am loving the cool brisk mornings and having to bundle up to greet the day.

Jenny said...

Lovely as always. Every year I champ at the bit to put a display of pumpkins and mums out by my apple-green bench in the front rock garden, under the Oak. But it's so hot, the pumpkins would just rot and the flowers wither away. We've had no rain to speak of for weeks, and today's high in the 60s is very unusual. It will be in the low 80s again by the weekend. If there are any pumpkins left in November, I might snag a few and try for a Thanksgiving harvest display. *sigh*

Karen said...

It all looks so lovely. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Mary said...

I love the color of the mums you chose it's a nice contrast. Again you have an eye for detail. I so enjoy your blog Mari, I read it every evening, usually later than this, after everything has settled down & I can relax with a cup of tea with no distractions.

Michelle said...

I like your fall decor! Looks much like mine!

Terri D said...

I really like the tote as a centerpiece! Everything looks great....Fall is here, like it or not. It is still too hot for me, but cooler temps are coming. We are getting 80s instead of 90s now!!

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm not a fan of winter either. It's already getting dark by 6.00pm, and soon it will be 4.00pm. I love all the decorations you add to your house at this time, do you add the same things each year, or new ones?

Mari said...

Joe - I add some things that are the same, but I always try to find a few different things as well.