Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is one I've shared before, but it's one of my favorite summer lunches when fresh tomatoes are in season.  I made this the other day and thought I would share it again.  So here you go, something fresh and perfect for a light lunch.

Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes
Large tomatoes 
Minced garlic or garlic powder
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper
sugar
Oregano, thyme, basil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wrap a rimmed baking sheet with foil and line with parchment paper.
Cut tomatoes into 3/4 inch slices.  Remove seeds and juice. Poke holes in the bottoms of any end pieces.  Drain, cut side down on a paper towel or a few minutes.
Place tomato slices on prepared pan.  Sprinkle with garlic, then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar.
Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, until tomatoes are soft, dark and caramelized.
Sprinkle with herbs, allow to sit for a few minutes and enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, Mari. We hope to visit the local farmer's market on Sat. morning to buy some tomatoes. Have a nice day.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Small world....our son cooked dinner for us last week, and one of the things on the plate were just this......balsamic vinegar tomatoes with feta cheese sprinkled on top. yummmmmm You are the 'best' cook, with the 'best' recipes!

Dianna said...

These sound so good, Mari. We have plenty of tomatoes in the garden, but none have ripened yet. I'm holding on to this recipe so I can give it a try when the tomatoes start to ripen.

Linda said...

Now, that sounds and looks good, smiles.

Patsy said...

Tomatoes don't taste very good this year, but this recipe would sure help. Thanks

Arlene G said...

Another good recipe.

Sally said...

That looks and sound very good, Mari. I'm sure you've heard of this although I hadn't; when I was in the nursing home they served quartered tomatoes with a light touch of Italian dressing. It was good!!

xoxo

Terri D said...

Fresh garden tomatoes are so delicious and these sound amazing!!

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

We have sooooooo many tomatoes right now. I'm going to make this as a side dish tonight for our dinner!

Jenny said...

Wow, I've never done this but I think I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks, Mari. xoxo