Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2017

A Day in my Life - July!

It's July!  Why does summertime buzz by so quickly?
I always share how I spent the first day of each month, but first I need to explain the strange look on my blog.  My blog design was done using photobucket and apparently they have a new fee system in place that would require a yearly payment for this type of thing.  On Friday, there were notices all over my blog - you may have seen them.  It made it hard to even read it!  Since I don't want to start paying all the time, I took the offending pieces off and am working to get the rest fixed but it takes a little time - and that's why it looks funny!  Hopefully it'll be  fixed soon.  :)

Now, on to my day.
This was my weekend off, and Alaina and Ruby were here and had spent the night Friday night.
Bob had to work Saturday, and he had barely left, around 7am, when Ruby came and crawled into bed with me.  She snuggled for a little bit, then whispered"
"Gwamma, where is Gwampa?"
"He's at work"
"But I want him"
"I know, but he had to go to work"
"But, I really, really want him"
"I'm sorry Ruby"
"But I'll give you my bunny!"
Wow - she gives that bunny to no one! After that sad little talk, we got up and had breakfast, Alaina was awake too, and Ruby got over the fact that Grandpa wasn't here.

 8am: Sleepy girls watching Doc McStuffins after breakfast.



8:30am:  Then it was time to get ready, starting with brushing the teeth.  (The bathroom is still under construction!)


 9am: Then Ruby helped me make brownies, and some sandwich spread.



And Alaina made a fort in the living rom using the couch cushions.



10am: I had found a cute craft idea, so we worked on that next.



Here is the finished product - 2 fishes each!


11am: Then we went for a walk down our road, and found lots of fun things.



 We found this cow in a neighbors side yard and had to say hi.



We saw some pretty flowers along the way.



We saw a dragonfly on a flower.




And finally, we got to the horse farm.  Alaina said this was way too far to walk and she was "sooo tired!"



On the way home, we saw this tree, that their mom had carved her initials into, along with her friend Jessica, many years ago!  It's on the property where Jessica used to live; Alaina and Ruby thought it was pretty neat!




12pm: When we got back home, we got in the car and went to McDonalds for lunch.  That's always a hit!



12:45: Then we stopped at Grandpa's work and saw him.  He was just as happy to see them, as they were to see him!


We stopped at the grocery store on the way home, where Alaina tried to talk me into getting all kinds of things, because she said her Papa would like it.  :)

 1:30pm: It was so nice out, so we spent some time playing before I took them home.



 They had fun on their bikes!  Then it was time to go home.



3pm:  We made it to their house, and they were both totally out!



They quickly woke up though and were happy to see their Papa.


3:30pm:  I stopped at Hobby Lobby for a few things before I went home.




4:15:  I'm home and I worked on getting a little patriotic theme to my decorating since the 4th is coming right up!  I also did some cleaning and picking up


5:45pm:  Bob came home, and we had Some frozen pizza for dinner.  While we ate, we watched a movie on Netflix - Pete's Dragon, and we enjoyed it.


We had a nice quiet, relaxing evening!  Hope you all had a good start to your month!

19 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

Such cute kids.....I love that you share nature with them....always something to find! Enjoy July!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th! I enjoyed these photos from your day very much. Alaina and Ruby are growing up! You captured some beautiful memories.

Hootin Anni said...

First, love the Friday Funny. Too cute.
And then, for your day with the girls. How precious. They're both such enjoyment. The photo of the morning ritual [brushing the teeth] is so good. Reflections in the mirror of a girl just tells everyone what we're all about. y'know?!!
Then, the fish hats. Cute!! Oh, and not to forget McDonalds....how I'd love some of those fries 'bout now.

And stopping by to see grandpa, a special treat. Really enjoyed the two little ones with their father. That too tells us a whole story of dad's and their little girls. They'll always be special to their dad!! For sure.

Okay, since I typed nearly a novel, I best let you go.
Enjoyed this so much Mari.

Linda said...

Thank you for the many smiles...Have a beautiful week, friend. Happy 4th of July.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Enjoyed seeing your cuties and I know you enjoyed being with them....Happy 4th of July to you and yours.

Betsy Brock said...

I would say that was just about the perfect day! Such cute pictures. Those girls are growing! Loved seeing them.

Jenny said...

This is all so great! The fish project is awesome. Two fishes each! I have an almost identical picture of Melanie and Allissa walking down their road, with Allissa turning to look back. I am always amazed at all you manage to pack into one day. You make me look like a lazy bum. Happy Fourth of July, Mari! xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that you got your blog issues figured out. I am glad that you will not pay the fee. You can make your own header now that you have a great camera.

I loved seeing your first day of July with the girlies. July 1 was the birthday of our first little girl, Jana Jolene. She would have been 46 this year. How time flies! I am happy to talk with Heather most every day and sometimes several times a day. She is moving into her new apartment tomorrow. She is unplugged at the moment.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday. Stay safe!

Doris said...

I always enjoy your first day posts. Those girls are too adorable! And, why does summer go by so fast?? =(

Arlene G said...

How fun...nothing like those grands to lift us up!!

Patsy said...

Good day!
(Happy 4th of July)

Terri D said...

Those two girls are always so precious!! I enjoyed your day and loved seeing the photos! Joe and I tried the DiGiorno Pizza you mentioned in another post and we loved it. There is one in the freezer right now. Thanks for the tip!

Saleslady371 said...

Precious little girls! Wishing you a safe and happy Fourth.

Hootin Anni said...

ps....happy 4th of July Mari.

Dianna said...

What a perfect way to begin the first of this brand new month...well, now it is 6 days old, but I'm just catching up. The girlies are so so cute!

I like the new look here, Mari.

Jean said...

What a delightful first day of July! The girls are getting so big!

LL Cool Joe said...

Another action packed day! The two girls fast asleep in the car made me grin. You wore them out!

Hobby Lobby is a great store isn't it?

Sally said...

Such a busy day! They had so much fun with you, Mari. I know they make yours and Bob's hearts sing happily. :)

xpxp

Laura said...

I thought your blog looked different!

Those pictures - oh my - breaks my heart! I love the ones of them holding hands, and that picture of them sleeping is hysterical! How Alaina can sleep like that...

They always have a blast with Grandma and Grandpa!