Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2017

I'm back...

I'm back from my little break.  I had a nice time away from work, had some fun and got some things done at home which is always a good thing.
I wanted to spend a little time with both my girls on one day.  Alaina came with us and we started out with lunch.

We went to Chipotle and enjoyed burrito bowls!


After lunch we went to a Trader Joe's which is about 45 minutes from our house.  It opened last year and neither Heather or I had been there.  We liked it - they had good prices on fresh fruits and veggies and some other things.  It's not a place I'll go to often because of the drive, but if I'm in the area I will stop again.


I also loved their fresh flower selection.  I got this cheery bouquet for $5.99!


After I brought Laura and Heather home, Alaina came with me for a little more shopping, and to surprise Grandpa when he came home from work.

When we go to Meijer, we always have to stop and ride on Sandy, the penny pony.  Alaina did enjoy this, but was concentrating on the ride too much to smile!


We tried out a new restaurant for supper.  We had some good burgers and fries before bringing Alaina back home.
Spending time with family is the best!

17 comments:

Terri D said...

Welcome back, Mari!! I've missed your posts but know you had a great time. We don't have a Trader Joe;s near us either, but they do have some great buys. Looks like a fun day with your girls.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I sure have missed you and so glad you are back. It is good to take a break now and then and get caught up. Enjoyed the pictures of your sweet family, as always.

Joyful said...

Welcome back Mari. It sure does sound and look like you enjoyed your short break. That is great news.

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Lovely flowers!

LL Cool Joe said...

Welcome back! That last photo is a classic, how nice.

Yes 45 minutes from your house is quite a long way to go for fruit and vegetables. We have a Trader Joe's quite near us in AZ, but we tend to go to Safeways.

Sandi said...

Welcome back, Mari.

I haven't seen one of those grocery stores horses in years!



Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back Mari! Alaina looks like such a sweet little girl. Looks like she had a great time with you all. Take care, Silvana

Linda said...

Awwww..Alaina is growing so much, Mari. Thanks for sharing your photos. Have a beautiful day friend.

Sally said...

So happy to see you again, Mari. I'm glad you enjoyed your break, and had such fun with Alaina! We don't have a Trader Joe's here, but I've heard good things about it. :)

xoxo

Arlene G said...

So glad you are back Mari!! What a fun day with the girls. We have a new Whole Foods in Huntsville and I am hoping to take a field trip there soon.

cbattjes1 said...

Oh my goodness- Alaina is looking so much older!!! Also- I do like your new blog layout- it looks very nice! Have a good week :)

Sylvia said...

Yup, agree with everyone else - we've missed you but looks like a great time you all had.

Cherdecor said...

I loved seeing a picture of Laura and Heather. they are beautiful daughters. And, of course, Alaina is so beautiful too, but where was Ruby? I missed her. The picture of Bob and Alaina is so sweet. I want to call you maybe tonight at 7 PM. If tonight is not a good time, I can call another night. I know you sometimes have meetings at night.

Saleslady371 said...

It's therapy when I spend time with family. Hope you are refreshed! I like Trader Joe's too, but it's far for me as well.

Jenny said...

Awesome. Audrey loves Trader Joe's but I've never had the opportunity to take to it. We recently discovered a Freddy's a ways from our house, but learned that now, one is being built in our area. We can't wait. How about those shoestring fries? Very good. I'm glad you had a relaxing break. xoxo

Laura said...

It was such a fun day! We definitely don't do it enough. :)

Dianna said...

SO glad that you are back from your blogging break/vacation from work at the facility. xx

I missed you. It looks as if you had a day to enjoy time with your daughters and that sweet Alaina!