Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Cooking Thursday

Today's recipe is a good one for summer grilling!  I'm a fan of kabobs and the marinade on this one is very good.

Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
Veggies of your choice - I used 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms
Cooked rice

Stir together the oil, soy sauce, sherry, honey, lemon juice, garlic powder, ginger, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken in Ziploc bag.  Pour marinade over chicken, reserving about 1/3 cup.  Seal bag and place chicken in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, place chicken with marinade in fry pan and cook partially, about 5 minutes.  Then thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers (If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before using).
Grill for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Serve over rice.


18 comments:

Jean said...

This looks and sounds scrumptious!!

Arlene G said...

Looks yummy!

Jenny said...

Oh wow. I'll have to share this one with Andrew! He's the Grill Sergeant in the family. xoxo

Linda said...

That looks good...I am so liking your new look here, love it. smiles

Kerin said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.
I too, love the new blog look. It's a fun change :)

~K.

Anonymous said...

I have each of these ingredients. I know we will enjoy it!

Sally said...

It's morning, and you've already made me hungry. That looks SO good!

xoxo

Karen said...

Love the new look of your blog, Mari!

Jennifer Hays said...

Yum. I'm always looking for new kebab recipes to try. Thanks, Mari!

Patsy said...

This is so good, have it sometimes.
I like your new post pages, That happened to me
some time ago and I was not going to pay for a
photo at the top of my blog.

Henny Penny said...

This really looks good! I have never eaten a kabob. Maybe I can talk Poppy into lighting the grill one night so we can try this.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, you've changed your layout and design! What a beautiful change Mari!

And the kebobs....oh boy, one I always enjoy eating [Bud cooks outdoors, that's why!!! lol]

The humor graphic is a good one too.

Dianna said...

Sounds good and looks so yummy!

Renee said...

This looks delicious ~ I can't wait to try it!

Doris said...

Mm, delicious!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love your new look here Lady! ;)
This sounds so yummy and like a recipe I had around here somewhere. Haven't made it in ages. Thanks for the inspiration! xoxo

Terri D said...

I am tucking this one away for future reference!!

shayndel said...

Looks good! I make chicken teriyaki but never tried to make it with vegetables on skewers Sounds good in summer. Blessings from Japan!