Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall update


This pumpkin field is around the corner from my house. They are harvesting the pumpkins, reminding me that we are in a new season.
Things change as the seasons turn, and change also happens in our lives.

We are counting down the days now, until our granddaughter arrives! Laura is due on October 11. She is doing well, but is getting anxious for this baby to arrive. This is her last week of work, things are pretty well ready at their house and so now we just wait.
I've been comparing notes with two of my blog friends who also expected grand babies about the same time as I was. Jean of What's up at the Stauffers was expecting a grandson on the 4th, and he came a little early - showing up on Monday! Kat of Just A Beachkat is expecting a grandson on the 13th, so she and I'll have to see who goes first - Laura or Bree.

Heather is doing well at her new job. She's enjoying what she does and is working with a lot of nice people. This is truly an answer to prayer.

Andy has 5 months left in Afghanistan. He's ready to be home. He still enjoys working on the helicopters but working 12 hour days with a day off only every 2 weeks is pretty tiring. When you add in not being able to get out and do fun things and not seeing family and friends it makes for a long 12 months. We are thankful for his safety there.

All's well with Bob and I. We can't wait to be grand parents and you know you'll hear about that when it happens!

17 comments:

Betty W said...

I´m so excited for you! Being a grandmother! It will be so good. Can´t wait to see you post about it. I´m glad all is well with your kids. God is good.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for all of you! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious grandbaby!

Sylvia said...

Great to have an update on all three. Lots of exciting things ahead for you as a family. You'll be busy with the camera I hope

Connie said...

I'm excited for you. I remember how excited we were for our first grandchild who was named Emily. She was the most beautiful baby in the world. (I know yours will be too.)And after that we had 6 more "most beautiful". lol

Brooke said...

Glad to hear that Heather's job is going well! We spend so much time at work its important to do something that is fulfilling or at least be around some great folks!

Penny said...

How exciting about a new grandbaby!! Hoping for a safe delivery!!

My friend's husband is leaving today for Afghanistan.He'll be there over a year.

Anonymous said...

You will love being grandparents...it's the best!

;) said...

A beautiful vision of Fall and a baby on the road... Life is wonderful!
Have a nice day Mari

Brenda said...

Can't wait to hear the when the precious tike arrives!

Sharon said...

We have a pumpkin field around us and it is so fun to see all of that color on the ground.
I know what you mean about being excited for the grandbaby now.
Our little guy will be 2 in Nov.already.
Hugs

Jean said...

You're about to enter the best season of your life, Grandma!!

Unknown said...

Such a happy time waiting for this new life to enter into this world. Were all waiting to meet her.!!

LuAnn said...

I am soooo happy for you. Can't wait to hear the news and here what that baby girl's name is. And of course see pictures.

Shelly said...

Thanks for sharing the life changing that is happening in your household.
It must be hard for Andy. God be with him always.
Heather enjoying new job is great.
Laura becoming a Mom is a life changing event for sure.
Grandparents-whoa! You will enjoy this!

Raise Them Up said...

I'm glad all is well with your family. :) I think of Andy and pray for him often. But I didn't realize Laura was due so soon! I need to add her safe delivery to my prayers. :)

Love the picture!

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to hear you're going to be a Grandma, and I am sure you will be wonderful.

Was thinking of you yesterday, not too many months before you and your sisters go on your Christmas shopping

Much love
Karen NZ

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the photo of the pumpkins, I've never seen anything like that before!

I bet you can't wait to be a grandma!