Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Cooking Thursday

I'm a fan of Tex-Mex food.  I also like chopped salads. So when I saw this recipe that combined both, I knew it would be a hit! It's full of protein from the chicken and black beans, and is full of chopped veggies.  It doesn't take long to throw together and it's so tasty!



Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad

Dressing:
1 cup ranch dressing
1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning

Salad:
3 cups cooked, diced chicken
4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (1 used one 11 ounce bag of chopped romaine)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
4 green onions, sliced
1  15 ounce can blak beans, drained and rinsed
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 jalapeno, diced

Garnish:
1 cup crushed tortilla chips

In small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
In large bowl, toss all salad ingredients together, then stir in dressing a little at a time.
Stir in tortilla chips and serve immediately.

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

This looks and sounds so good! I will be giving it a try. Thanks, Mari!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum, healthy and easy Mexican!

Catherine said...

Nice salad for spring and summer

Suemn said...

Yum, this sounds so good. I'll try this salad for sure as soon as I get the ingredients at the store:)

Terri D said...

Just in time for hot summer evenings!! Thanks for another winner, Mari!!

Jeanette said...

Not a Tex-Mex fan but that looks pretty good!

Dianna said...

Oh my! This sounds delicious. We will definitely be trying this one!

Donna said...

This looks so good! Living in Texas, we are surrounded by Tex/Mex, which we love.
hugs
Donna

happyone said...

Oh yes, this looks so good. I'll have to make it. Thanks!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Sounds really good! I will have to remember this next time I have some leftover chicken. I often add it to my salad for lunch, but not with all these other ingredients, which makes it much more interesting! Great idea! Thank you.

My Tata's Cottage said...

This one sounds delicious. I often buy a store bought SW Salad when I am in a hurry for something quick. I need to try this. Thank you

DUTA said...

Protein is the name of the game. And of course, veggies.
It looks good in the bowl! Definitely worth a try.

Judy said...

YUMMY!! That looks like the perfect summer salad to enjoy on a hot day when you don't want to turn on the oven. I can chicken that we raise so this recipe would be perfect for it.

Prims By The Water said...

I make this salad minus the jalepenos. For the dressing I use half ranch and salsa and no taco seasoning. I love salads. Janice

Debi said...

Yum!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is right up my alley! Yum! and perfect for summer. 😋

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks and sounds good, thanks for sharing the recipe.

All the best Jan

Jenny the Pirate said...

Mmmmmm tasty! xoxo