Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Happy Mothers Day

I hope all of you had a nice Mothers Day with your kids, your moms or memories of your mom.
This was my first year without a mom to celebrate.  My mom passed away 21 years ago this week.  Bob's mom passed away 5 years ago and my stepmom Ann passed away in December. I was blessed to have each of them in my life.
Our daughters Laura and Heather, and their families came over on Saturday evening.


Cassie is showing Bob a picture of a birthday party she'd been at before coming to our house.




She is always so happy to see her cousins!




These cups are amazingly entertaining to them.




I love to see them together.



I got these sweet cards, and a keychain that Ruby made.




This necklace has my kids birthstones, and their initials on the leaves.



Laura made this beautiful flower arrangement.




She also made this yummy Lemon Raspberry cake.




I also got this, which let us know the name of the baby boy coming in August.  Connor William!  I really like that name.

Sunday was a quiet day.  We had a nice service at church and all the ladies got a carnation.
Bob's been spoiling me all day and I had a nice call from Andy in Kentucky.
I'm ever so thankful for all my kids and grandkids, and also thankful for the moms in my life!

18 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Lemon and raspberry, yum! Looks like a wonderful mom's day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that you had a nice Mother's Day. Looks like your family took good care of you and your got some wonderful gifts and made nice memories. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Debby said...

Sounds like a wonderful day for all. The girls are growing so fast. I like the name Conner. Love the framed sonogram photo. I wish they had these when I had mine. They are so detailed.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The flowers are gorgeous, Laura is talented at flower arranging. The cake looks delicious. Oh, these amazing sonograms, what a priceless gift! And wonderful gifts from the heart from the girls.

Sparky said...

I'm glad y'all had such a good day. The kids are so cute. Really growing up fast! 💙

DUTA said...

You had the best Moher Day possible! Being with family, getting gifts, spoiled by husband - what else could one wish for?
The lemon cake looks airy and wonderful! And I never get tired of writing that Cassie 'steals the show'.

R's Rue said...

Blessings.

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day!
Happy Week!
hugs
Donna

Jeanette said...

Wonderful! Such a nice day and I love the idea of the sonogram pictures!

Catherine said...

It was not Mother’s Day here it is later in the month.I like the necklace very good idea. You’ll have a William too very soon now! Nice to see the girls together!
And nice to see the baby’s ultrasound and Cassie’s one too.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm so glad you were spoiled just the way you deserve! That pic of the girls on the bench is so frameworthy! Love Connor & Cassie's names. So sweet! Blessings to you always sweet Momma xoxo

happyone said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day.
Wow that cake sure looks good!!

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks and sounds that you had a wonderful Mothers Day weekend :)
I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

Connor William is a lovely name.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Mari, you had such a lovely celebration!! The girls are just growing up too fast and are beyond precious! Connor William has no idea what he is getting into with a sister and two girl cousins to mentor him!! What fun!! Hugs!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

I love the photos , family is best! It sure looks like Spring is springing too. I like the name Conner William. We have a grandson due in August also. They havent decided on the name yet.

Kim said...

Oh, that frame is so sweet!! What a cute way to reveal the baby's name. Gosh, August will be here before you know it! I bet you can't wait!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love the top picture of Cassie showing Bob the picture of the party she had been to.
Sounds/looks like you had a lovely Mother's Day.
P.S. That lemon raspberry cake looks so good.

Jenny the Pirate said...

What a wonderful celebration. That cake! And Connor -- I love that! Just love it. What a precious little boy on the way! xoxo