Pages

Monday, May 13, 2024

A Day in my Life - May

I know I'm late with this one, but I was busy telling you about the Smoky Mountains last week, so I'm here now to tell you about how I spent the first day of the month.

May 1 was the day after we got back from our trip.  I had that day off so we could bring our rental car back and get all the things taken care of post vacation.


It was a beautiful morning and this is how things looked when we left the house around 10am.




We had parked our car at Laura and Aarons house as it's pretty close to the rental place, so we stopped there to pick it up. We admired the plants she put in last year and how nice they were all coming up this Spring.
We had some shirts for Alaina and Ruby, but they were in school so we are waiting to give them in person.




After dropping off the rental, we stopped at Heather and Andrews place to give Cassie this Smoky Mountain sweatshirt. She was happy to see us and of course, we were happy to see her!


When we got home, I dropped Bob off and left again.  I had to pick up our stopped mail and get some groceries.






It really looked like Spring in our area.  The farmers were all out in the fields.





When I got home, Bob was finishing up mowing the lawn.


I did some laundry and got all our luggage and packing things put away.


Later Bob and I went out and walked the yard, enjoying the many things that had started blooming while we were gone.




















We had an easy supper; breakfast for supper, and then a quiet evening.
It was a good day to get things done and get ready to go back to work!

24 comments:

Debby said...

Your little Cassie is so doggone cute.
All your blooming flowers look so pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! You sure got a lot done the day you got home. You had a wonderful trip. I would sure love to see all of those beautiful places that you went. Your yard looks great and Cassie is a little doll. So glad you are home safely with many nice memories. Have a great week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, your flowers are beautiful! What are the pink bell shaped flowers? And the red leaves? The pic of Cassie is so adorable!!

Mandy said...

Awesome that you got to see all of your people! Everything in the yard that is blooming out looks amazing! I love seeing the flowers and tree leaves come back each year!

Susan said...

I love the blooming flowers. A belated Mother's Day! I enjoyed the picture of the girls and the frame you got with your grandson's name. How exciting!

Veronica Lee said...

Mari, your day back from vacation sounds wonderful!
Cassie is super adorable!
Your yard looks beautiful, and it's impressive how much you got done.

Wishing you a great week ahead filled with more beautiful moments like these!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a beautiful homecoming...all those lovely flowers blooming and spring popping out all over. And Cassie looks so sweet and happy to have you home again. It's wonderful to get away, but there's no place like home!

Donna said...

Sounds like a happy but busy return. Cassie is always adorable!
hugs
Donna

Melanie said...

I'm catching up with all your news here! Your yard and flowers are so very pretty! What a joy. And I'm glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day.

Your Smoky Mountain trip! You were in my neck of the woods! I live about an hour away from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and maybe 45 minutes from the GSMNP. Did you get to Cades Cove? The Smokies are beautiful and I almost think that the NC side is even more beautiful! I've been to Clingman's Dome but, like you, not to climb to the top. I think I'm past that. So glad you were able to spend time in this area!

Sparky said...

Such a pretty area! The porch is super. Being a Southerner I'm really into porches and decks. lol
Little Cassie is such a cutie patootie! Prayers that she always be safe and feel loved. 💙

R's Rue said...

So much joy.

Barbara said...

Little Cassie is a doll!

Happy@Home said...

What a pretty time of year in your area. Your photos are just beautiful.
Cassie is so cute an looks happy with her new sweatshirt.

Jeanette said...

We always try to take a day after a vacation to just get stuff taken care of, too. Cassie is so cute with her sweatshirt!

happyone said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Your plants are looking so pretty.

Billie Jo said...

I love these posts, my friend. I love sharing your days with you, kind of like we are chatting on the phone!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So smart to save a day after the trip to get all the busy things done. But after dealing with the busy things it looked like such a lovely peaceful day. Bright sunshine. Adorable Cassie time. Gorgeous lawn and flowers. Coming home is often the best part of a trip, isn't it? 😉
Also, your garden looks like it's bursting forth beautifully and the flowers are so pretty already! 🌸💗

Prims By The Water said...

I am sure Cassie loved her shirt. She is such a cutie. Your flowers are sprouting out very nicely. So nice to see a farmer on his tractor. More farmland in our vicinity is being bought my folks who are tearing down the house and old barns and re-building monster houses. Its such a shame. Janice

Terri D said...

The Smokey Mountains have nothing over your beautiful yard!! Glad you had a day to catch up after vacation!! I have been known to say that I need a vacation from vacation! Cassie is adorable. I love having breakfast for dinner. Yum!!

Kim said...

The porch ceiling gets me every time. It's just gorgeous!!

Catherine said...

Yes your front porch is very nice and inviting ! Cassie is always SO cute.
Your day was busy, but it is nice to come back home after such good time in the mountains. Today, the sun is back and the garden roses will soon all bloom.
Have a nice day back to work.

Pam said...

LOVE the base of the tree with so many plants around it. Nice....I also love the Smoky Mts. Not to far from there myself but don't get up that way much. When I worked for the TBI we did our admin conf in Pigeon Forge each yr. Loved those times.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your flowers look so pretty, great colours.

All the best Jan

Jenny the Pirate said...

Proving once again that no matter how far you roam, there is no place quite like home! xoxo