Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Cooking Thursday

I have a yummy recipe for you today! We went to my sister Cheri's house for supper on the 4th and she asked me to bring a salad.  They were grilling burgers so I thought a potato salad would be good.  I found this recipe that's a little different from the normal potato salad.  It's another recipe that is really easy, and it was so good!


Red skin Potato Salad

2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
1 pound bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
3 large eggs, hard boiled and cooled, then chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoons mustard
6 green onions, finely chopped
1 small red onion, diced
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste

Boil potatoes until fork tender.  Drain and let cool for about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, green and red onions, sugar, salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes, eggs and bacon into a large bowl.
Stir mayo mix into potato mix and refrigerate.

14 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds absolutely scrumptious!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That sounds delicious. I have been wanting to make a potato salad so I think I will try this recipe. Thanks!

Susan said...

That recipe sounds really good! My husband can't eat pork and he is diabetic.
I also have to watch the carbs. I miss the days we could eat what we wanted.

Hootin Anni said...

Yum...the more mayonnaise, the better!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love potato salad and a new version sounds nice.

Laurel Wood said...

The picture makes me so hungry!

Joyful said...

That looks like a mighty tasty salad. I always love potato salad int he summer months and new potatoes or red potatoes make it extra nice.

Debi said...

I love potato salad and this looks delicious!

Linda said...

Gosh, that looks so good, smiles

Arlene G said...

I am just not a fan of potato salad of any kind, Mari. I think it is the texture of it. I have always had problems with food aversions. Ask my mother.lol

Terri D said...

Sounds good and easy! Thanks, Mari!!

LL Cool Joe said...

That looks good with the red skin. I tend to think potato salad can look and taste bland.

R's Rue said...

Yum

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow I normally am known for NOT putting onions into my potato salad, but this looks so good that I have copied it and will definitely try it -- maybe for Labor Day! Sounds and looks delicious. Thanks, Mari! xoxo