Pages

Monday, July 6, 2020

Back Entry progress

You may remember earlier in the year that Bob was working on our back entry.  It's not a big spot, just a little section that leads from the garage into the kitchen, but it needed a little love.


The first thing he did was to replace the back door,  He also put up new trim to match what he's been doing in other areas of the house.


He then put up board and batten 3/4 of the way up one wall.
He's had this done for awhile and I was having a hard time decorating it.  I had found a cute little wreath I wanted to hang, but I was looking for a large sign of some type to hang above it.  Finding the right size was the first problem, but I also wanted one with a phrase that would be good to read as we left for the day.
Finally I found just the right one!  Bob was so good and got it hung right up and I love how it looks and what it says,


It's a print, mounted in an old window.  It says:

New Day
"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it or use it for good, but what I do today is important because
I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will
be gone forever, leaving in it's place something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, and not loss; good, and not evil.  Success and not failure;
in order that I shall not regret the price I have paid for it."              Heartsill Wilson



Here's how it looks hanging up.  I love the new look!!

16 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this Mari! It looks great, and has such an important message. :-)

Terri D said...

That is a lovely way to start each day with that saying in your heart. It is all beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Susan said...

Your husband does really nice work and the picture looks lovely. My husband does basic things like most men, but not big project. But he does a lot of cooking and I am thankful for that! It gives me more time to work on my crafting. Have a nice week Mari!

Hootin Anni said...

Well done ... beautiful work (I knew it would be!) Perfection & so very professional. I especially like how he framed the door instead of the mitered corners!

Laurel Wood said...

Bob did a great job. I love the wreath and print in the window. The new back door is beautiful!

Joyful said...

The batten looks wonderful and you've selected the perfect inspirational verse and wreath to go along with it. Well done to you both.

Linda said...

Beautiful. Bob does such nice work, Mari. Have a great day, friend.

Arlene G said...

Very pretty and that print is just perfect with the wreath.

Dianna said...

I think Bob should give up his day job and just start his own business of doing remodeling, etc. What a wonderful job he does. I love the New Day and that it is framed in an old window. That wreath is adorable! Good job to both of you!

Jean said...

I LOVE this, Mari! I'm going to write that down.l

Debi said...

What a nice job your husband did on your entryway... it looks lovely. I love the sign and the wreath! Isn't it amazing how something so simple can make such a big change?

LL Cool Joe said...

I love that message, but it's a little scary too. It makes me realise how often I waste days, and just how precious they are.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Simply brilliant! You and Bob are my Chip and Joanna. xox

Unknown said...

I love the font and format of the print. I like the old window frame for your purposes .... a back hallway, but I would like to get the print and mount it differently. Who sells the print?

Mari said...

I wish I could tell you who sells that print. I wonder if it could be found on Amazon? I found it at a shop where it was already mounted in the window.

Unknown said...

Songbird Lane in Cambridge, Illinois?