Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sleepover!

Friday night Alaina and Ruby spent the night with us.  When we got to their house to pick them up, we noticed something different.


 They had pink and blue in their hair!  They said a new troll movie came out and Laura helped them put pink and blue in their hair to be like the trolls.  Alaina's is already washing out, but they thought it was great fun!



 They love to play in the driveway, riding bikes and the scooter.  They thought it was great fun to pull Grandpa around in the wagon.




 Here they were inspecting a caterpillar.



The evening was full of fun and they fell asleep as soon as they got in bed!


 On Saturday morning, we tried out something I had seen online.  It showed how to make a bunny and a teddy bear from a washcloth with no sewing.  It involved rolling the washcloth, twisting it and folding it, then putting rubber bands on.  The bunny also had eyes, nose and tail hot glued on.  It wasn't as easy the sites promised, but we got them done and the girls were happy.



 Here's the bunny...




 and the teddy bear.


Around noon we headed to my Dad's house so I could do a pill set up.  The girls like this, and we often pick up McDonalds to eat there. 

Here's my Dad with Alaina.  He loves those girls!
While they were eating their lunch, Dad was sitting between the two of them.  Ruby looks up and him and asks "Grandpa, why do old people get wrinkles?"   He thought that was hilarious and I know he'll be sharing that with his friends.    :)



 And Ann loves them too.  She was walking around the yard with them, showing them her flowers.  She had just finished weeding when we got there.  She's 91 years old!



Dad and Ann have this swing on their porch and the girls think it's the best.  They love to sit out there with them.

After our visit there, it was time to bring them home.  We had picked up some flowers at a roadside stand for Ann and for their mom, so they were anxious to give them to her.
We always have fun, and are so blessed to have them close and be able to spend time with them!

19 comments:

Terri D said...

What great fun you always have with those two sweethearts! The pink and blue hair is so cute! Have a great week ahead, Mari!

Debi said...

Such a fun visit! Every April I get blue streaks in my hair in honor of my grandson who is on the Autism Spectrum and they are great fun! I didn't get them this year because of COVID but next they will be back in. So nice that your dad and Ann get to visit with the girls too.

Susan said...

It is always nice to have visits with the grands! I did crafts with my girls too. That is nice that you have your dad around. Have a nice week Mari!

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the pink and blue hair.

Ann is amazing for 91, when I think my mum is the same age and can't walk or feed herself etc.

Glad you all had a fun time together.

Laurel Wood said...

I love their hair! I love the bunny and teddy towels - reminds me of what I see on cruise ship commercials. So glad they are close enough to visit often and also to visit your Dad and Ann. Your dad's swing is a long one!

Sylvia said...

I so enjoy hearing all about the girls' antics and what fun you all have together. I miss those days but enjoy the adult conversations we have with ours!

Unknown said...

FYI ... Esther rose created probably a hundred of those bunnies for gifts back in the 1990s. She would line them up on the table and said they each seemed to have a personality of their own, as they would look a bit different depending on the washcloth, how you folded it, where the eyes were placed etc. The teddy bear is cute! She would have liked creating him also.

Polish sister

Joyful said...

The girls are sweeties and you all look like you have a lot of fun together. I like the picture of them pulling Bob in the cart, lol. So glad the girls have great-grandparents in their lives too while they are at an age to remember. Have a wonderful week Mari.

Linda said...

This just warms my heart, Mari...thank you. smiles

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Those two girls are a bright spot, not only for you but for us too! Have a great new week.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you could have them for a sleep over and I think the teddy bear turned out really cute! There hair looked wild with all that color but am sure it was fun.

Tracy dixon said...

Do you have a link to where you found on line how to make those? I would love to do some with my grandkids.

Arlene G said...

Love the troll hair...the girls are just looking so grown up Mari. Your parents look great and how wonderful they can manage on their own with help.

Mari said...

Here's some links for those who asked about how to make the bear and bunny:
Teddy Bear:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Napkin-Into-a-Teddy-Bear/
Bunny:
https://craftsbyamanda.com/washcloth-bunny/

Jean said...

How FUN!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Mari! Missed you dear Friend! I'm catching up on your posts and love the ones with your sweet grandkiddos. They are such Dolls! And you all seem to have so much fun. Love the adorable crafts. And your Dad and Ann are amazing! Sending prayers for you and your loved ones to stay safe and healthy. 🙏 xoxo

Laura said...

I just love the pictures of them with Great Grandpa and Grandma. So glad they get to know them!

Henny Penny said...

Those are the sweetest two girls! I love their visits with you. That's so funny about the wrinkles. Bet she had been sitting there looking at the wrinkles and wondering about them. They are so adorable.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Precious times that those girls will remember for all of their lives. I wish they could have known your mother (and she them) but it's a gift for them to have your dad and Ann. Ann is a hero to me! You can tell her so. I love it when folks just keep on going, refusing to back down from life. Also I need to know how to make those washcloth animals. xoxo