Pages

Monday, October 29, 2018

Fun Fall Craft!

When the girls stayed over this weekend, we did a fun scarecrow craft, using popsicle sticks.


 First, you take 9 popsicle sticks, put them together and then use hot glue to put two sticks on the back to hold them all together.  Then you paint the bottom flesh colored, and the top orange .   I painted and glued these ahead of time, to save time and mess!



You paint another popsicle stick orange and glue it along the flesh colored/orange paint, placing it at an angle.  This makes the brim of the hat.  Googly eyes are then glued on.



A triangle shaped piece of  orange felt makes a nose, and a silk flower is glued to the hat.



 Glue on some raffia for hair, draw on a smile and then glue a magnet on the back.





The girls liked their finished product!

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Well that's cute but the best thing is Alaina's and Ruby's smiles. I love the stuff you take the time and have the patience to do with them. BTW at your prompting I got a suncatcher kit to make with Dagny. Only I "made" it (it looked ridiculous when it was done) because she was like, what? Oh dear. xoxo

Beth (A Moms Life) said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those are so cute! What a great little craft.

Arlene G said...

I love this craft!! And the crafters are pretty cute too!

Jennifer Hays said...

So cute and fun! You're a terrific grandma.

Changes in the wind said...

Well I don't know which is cuter....the craft or the girls:) Way to go Grandma.

Sally said...

Adorable craft, happy beautiful Alaina and Ruby!

It's to fun to have things like that to do for the littles. :)

xoxo

Kim said...

Adorable! I taught camp, kindergarten, first grade, preschool, PTA classes, Sunday School and was a Girl Scout and Daisy troop leader. I miss all the fun crafts...they really made the kids smile!

Terri D said...

They are so cute and that craft idea is adorable! I want to be your granddaughter, Mari!! :)

Cherdecor said...

The scarecrow crafts look really cute! The girls look adorable wearing their happy smiles. A very nice Halloween craft!

Jean said...

Such a cute idea!

Kim said...

What a fun craft idea. I'll probably have to wait a little longer yet to be able to do any kind of quality craft with my two youngest grandkids, but I will have to put a pin in this one.

LL Cool Joe said...

What a clever idea, they both look really good.

btw Ruby's hair is getting long!

Henny Penny said...

This is so cute! The sweet girls and their little scarecrows.

Laura said...

They sure do love crafting with Grandma! I don't know why you think it would be messy for them to do glue and paint though.... :)

Lisa said...

What a cute little scarecrow idea! They are precious!
found you on Connie's blog. I cant wait to read more of your post. come visit me sometime.
Lisa