Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

A Day in my Life

You guys!  How did it get to be October already?   I don't know about you, but it really feels like it here.  It's really cooled off and the days are getting so short!
It was a work day for me today.  Here's how the day went.

I was up and getting ready when the phone rang at 7am.  It was our Director of Nursing, calling to get a weekend report from me.  I had been the on-call person for the week before, including the past weekend and she wanted to be prepared before she went in to work.  After that talk, I finished getting ready and went in.

 It was about 50 degrees and rainy when I got there at 7:45am.



Here's my desk, with a few notes waiting for me.
It was a very busy day.  On Mondays, a doctor comes in that does admissions.  We had 3 admissions to get done.  The Dr came at 9:30 and left a little after 12.  After that I worked on some infection control paper work and also worked on getting everything ready for next week when I'll be doing flu shots for all the residents and a few days later, will be giving them to the employees. It's a time consuming thing, getting consents signed for all the residents and documenting it all!  We also had another admission, so I put all his orders in.

I left work at 5:15pm

 I stopped at the store on the way home to pick up a few things.



It rained on and off all day, and was quite dreary looking on the drive home.

I got home a little before 6 and had supper.  Bob had a men's event at church so he was having supper there.

 After supper, I got a roast ready in the crockpot to cook tomorrow.  We are having my Dad and stepmom over for supper.  It's something we did for them for Christmas this year - we each take turns so that every month they either get taken out or go to someone's house for supper.  They don't need things, but love to spend time with us.



After that I worked on my Bible study for a little while.  This is a study on Titus 2 and we're 3 weeks into it.  It's really good and is one of those studies that seems to convict you on every page!


After that I got some rolls ready to rise overnight in the frig.  Don't be impressed - I didn't make them, just took them out of the freezer!  They are Rhodes brand and always turn out good.

That was the end of things I needed to get done, and now I'll relax for the evening!
Welcome October!

13 comments:

Arlene G said...

What a great idea of hosting your parents once a month!! You are right...they love time with yall I am sure.

Joyful said...

What a nice gift for your parents. I'm sure it is something they love. The weather here is dismal too. I hope it doesn't last. Your roast and buns look perfect for this time of year.

Hootin Anni said...

You continue to amaze me with these posts on your updating us ... your energy is mind-boggling!

And THEN...your previous post. Lordy, too bad there are those nasties that spoil a day. But, I always try to put myself in their shoes & understand their fears & anxieties. You did GOOD remaining calm!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You sure had a busy day, but seem so organized as always. Hope your Tuesday is easier!

Changes in the wind said...

A busy day and I am sure that roast is going to be delicious. That is winter weather here for us:)

Jennifer Hays said...

I love your gift to your parents, that's so nice. I make Rhodes rolls too. :)

Terri D said...

A busy day! Mari, your gift to your parents is so perfect!!

Laura said...

Yes - it seems like fall is here!

Katelyn R. said...

I just finished that study!!! I actually was blessed to go through it several times in different settings. My church watched the conference last year-end then we did it in a Bible study where we watched sections of the conference each week and went that the book. And I also got to go through it one on one with my mentor!! It was really neat and helpful to go through it several times :-)

Jenny said...

Ah! What I'd give for a day that's fifty degrees and rainy, dreary! My absolute favorite kind of weather day. I'd make a big pot of chili and invite everyone over. We may have a day or two like that in January, haahaa. Also I'd like a bite of that pot roast and one of those rolls. Better make it two. xoxo

Jean said...

I always find your first day of the month posts so very interesting from beginning to end! And I always think, "Next month I'm going to start doing that!" But I never remember!

I too really like the gift to your parents. What a GREAT idea!

Henny Penny said...

What a busy day you had! That is such a good idea, having your parents like that. I would love to be able to fix a meal for my mom again. I was impressed with the rolls. :) I've thought about trying that brand, but never have. Now I will.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

HI Sweetie! Always fun to have a peek into your day. I love that you do that arrangement for your family. What a brilliant gift idea! So much more special and personal than other kinds of gifts. ;0)

Have a wonderful rest of the week and blessings to you xoxo