Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Cooking Thursday

I made some bars last week for Bob's work. It's an old recipe, but those seem to be the best most times!  Everyone liked them, and I thought I should share this old recipe with you.

Caramel Chocolate Bars
11 ounce package caramels bits
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 german chocolate cake mix
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup softened butter
6 ounces chocolate chips

Combine caramels and milk; microwave, stirring occasionally until melted and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir together until dough is crumbly, but holds together. Press half of dough into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Spread melted caramel over all. Sprinkle reserved dough over all. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely and enjoy!

14 comments:

Dianna said...

Recipe copied and pasted, my friend! I'm only baking once a week...and yesterday I made an apple pie...but next week...this one is for certain!

Henny Penny said...

I'm writing the ingredients for this one on my grocery list. Thank you Mari!

Sandi said...

Yum!

Arlene G said...

I can tell this one is a winner!!

Sally said...

Look so GOOD!

xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love anything with caramel in it, so know I would enjoy these. Thanks for sharing.

Kerin said...

Yum!
What a yummy treat to bake and share.
Thanks for the recipe!

Smiles :)
~K.

Vicki said...

I love chocolate and caramel and this looks so easy!

Laura said...

Oh man, those are one of my favorites - I haven't had them in forever!

Terri D said...

That sounds delicious! I still haven't found those caramel bits in the store. Will you take a photo of the package for me? Sometimes a visual helps. I'm amazed that Publix doesn't have them. Are they with the candy or with the baking goods? I've looked in the baking aisle. Thanks!!

Mary said...

Hi Terry, I’ve seen the Kraft brand caramel bits in the baking aisles of Target and Walmart as well as my local grocery store which is Stop and Shop.

Mary said...

These look wonderful, Mari. chocolate and caramel, my biggest weaknesses.

Cherdecor said...

These look wonderful! Hope you are having a good Friday night!

Jenny said...

Are you kidding me right now? Walk the plank, Mari. aaaarrrgghhhhhh xoxo