Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Cooking Thursday

While we were on vacation, Cheri and I made a snack mix that turned out really good.  It's made with Chex and is sweet and cinnamony.  It was one of the easiest mixes I've made and we all really liked it.  I'll be making this one again!


Churro Snack Mix
4 cups Rice Chex
4 cups Corn Chex
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1stick)unsalted butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
Mix cereals in a large bowl. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl and set aside.
Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.  Cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
Remove mix from heat and stir in baking soda.  Pour over cereal in bowl.
Toss until coated and then spread out on baking sheets.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top and place in oven.
Bake for 6 minutes, then flip cereal over and bake another 2-3 minutes until cereal is golden brown.
Remove from oven, let cool and break up mix.  Store in air tight container.




9 comments:

Terri D said...

I would eat it all myself, Mari!! Looks and sounds delicious!

Kerin said...

Yum! I love cinnamon~sugar on toast so I would love this too.
Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
A perfect Fall treat!

Smiles :)
~K.

Joyful said...

That looks good for a sweet snack.

Mary said...

That’s something my family would love! I’ll have to give it a whirl this weekend. Thanks, Mari

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I would love that and will save the recipe....thanks for sharing.

Arlene G said...

Another to add to my recipe box.Thanks Mari!

Jenny said...

THIS looks dangerous, haaahaha! But I'll copy it anyway. xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

I've made this before...adding chocolate chips sometimes.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh boy - this sounds dangerously good! ;)