Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Cooking Thurday

This time of year, the tomatoes are plentiful and I love them!  The recipe I'm sharing is something I like to make for myself for lunch wen I'm home for the day.  I think these are so flavorful and are a real treat - and they're healthy too!


Roasted Balsamic Tomatoes
Large tomatoes 
Minced garlic or garlic powder
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper
sugar
Oregano, thyme, basil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wrap a rimmed baking sheet with foil and line with parchment paper.
Cut tomatoes into 3/4 inch slices.  Remove seeds and juice. Poke holes in the bottoms of any end pieces.  Drain, cut side down on a paper towel or a few minutes.
Place tomato slices on prepared pan.  Sprinkle with garlic, then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar.
Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, until tomatoes are soft, dark and caramelized.
Sprinkle with herbs, allow to sit for a few minutes and enjoy!


11 comments:

Terri D said...

I LOVE tomatoes!! Those look and sound delicious!

Jenny said...

WOW! Can't wait to try this. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Joyful said...

Yum. These look really tasty.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Mmmmm, I have never thought of preparing tomatoes like this, but they sure do look good. Thanks for the recipe.

Hootin Anni said...

Mari, you have me drooling!

Arlene G said...

I never uses Balsamic vinegar until the last few years. I know it makes a tomato pie taste extra good.

Changes in the wind said...

I will have to remember this for the winter, do not use the oven during the summer here:)

Kerin said...

Looks delish!
Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Have a sweet day.

~K.

Vicki said...

Oh those look good! I love tomatoes, especially when they're baked. I'll have to try this recipe.

Sally said...

Beautiful, and I can only imagine how good they are. We like tomato's also; sometimes tomato, mayo sandwich. Yum

xoxo

Laura said...

Those look delicious! I have a recipe that's similar but you cook baby tomatoes like that in the oven, then mix them into pasta and sprinkle with cheese - so good!