Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Another overnighter!

I have a few pics to share of another overnight visit with the girls, but first I have to show you the beautiful morning we had on Friday.

It was one of my favorite kind of mornings, cool and misty.  It made for a beautiful drive in to work.


Another scene from the drive in.


We picked the girls up right after supper on Friday night.  We stopped at Meijer, to grab a few things.

You can't go to Meijer with kids and not ride Sandy the pony! They always enjoy it.


We got some new sunglasses for them.  They thought they looked pretty cool in them!

When we got home, we did a fun craft together that I'll show you tomorrow.


After the craft we watched the movie Shrek.  They made a little bed on the floor out of pillows and a blanket.  When the movie was done, they looked pretty sleepy!


They had taken new pajamas along and Ruby was modeling them.  Do you think she has those shorts up high enough?


This made me laugh on Saturday morning.  This is Ruby's bed.  After she got up, she filled the bed up with every stuffed animal in the room!

While I was doing things with the girls and getting a few things done around the house, Bob was hard at work.  Our hot water heater went out on Friday, so he spent the morning installing a new one. I'm thankful he is so handy!

The girls had to be home by noon because Alaina had a birthday party to go to in the afternoon.  We stopped at my Dad's house to get his meds set up and had a short visit, and then went back to their house.
It was another fun sleepover!

18 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It is always fun with the girls, and love the picture in their new sunglasses and Ruby's bed full of stuffed animals. Glad Bob got the water heater up and running...no fun taking cold showers! Hope your new week is good.

Sandi said...

I remember those horses they had in front of every grocery store! I don't see them much anymore.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the modelling ... two photos: the sunglasses & jammies.

I too love misty mornings! Cool? What's that? I haven't had a cool morning since, when...January?

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures of your misty and cool morning.
I love those kinds of early mornings also.

Your Grands are adorable! I'm so glad that you had a fun time with them, making great memories.

I agree... it is such a blessing to have a husband that is able to do handyman projects!

Have a happy day.
~K.

Linda said...

I really enjoy watching them grow up, Mari. smiles---hope you have a beautiful day friend.

Arlene G said...

I always enjoy seeing the Sisters...they are so sweet. Cherish these times Mari...they grow up too fast.

Changes in the wind said...

Wow that morning drive was so pretty and peaceful. The girls look so cute in their sunglasses and am sure they had a great time with the grandparents. Special memories are made this way....

Sally said...

Nothing more fun than an 'overnighter'. So glad y'all had a good time. And, that Ruby? She always cracks me up. :)

xoxo

Cherdecor said...

Ruby's bed full of stuffed animals reminded me of a picture I have of Heather asleep on top of all of her animals. She was playing with them at nap time and fell asleep with them. I love Ruby's jammies. She is so cute! Alaina and Ruby look glamorous in their new shades.

Terri D said...

Those two girls are so lucky to have you and Bob so close! Those over-nights make for wonderful memories! They are (of course) adorable.

Sue said...

Beautiful memories you have made, your granddaughters are precious!
Have a blessed day.
Sue

Jean said...

Love that picture of the girls in their sunglasses and pretty dresses.

Dianna said...

I love mornings like that, too, Mari. I also enjoy evenings like that...driving along and seeing the fog settle in...just lovely.

Those grandgirlies are so so cute! Love Ruby's jammies and her stuffed animal arrangement. I kept looking for her in that bed and then decided to read your commentary of the picture. :)

Laura said...

So cute in their new sunglasses!

Ruby loves pulling her pants up so high - she always looks like tweedledee!!

They had a great time!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet time together. And oh, how I loved those horses :) I haven't seen one of those in years.

Happy day, my friend. Hugs!

LL Cool Joe said...

Shrek is a good film, and they do look tired by the end of it. :D

Just A Southern Girl said...

So fun! And loved the t-shirts y’all made! Looking forward to sleepovers with the grands when I’m doing better. Meanwhile we enjoy spending time with them a couple times a week. So nice being close enough to do that!

Jenny said...

Such a fantastic time! What a lovely misty morning, and darling girls in new sunnies. Then a movie on Grandma's floor and snug into beds. Those two are enjoying an idyllic childhood. xoxo