Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Saturday Afternoon Walk

We had absolutely beautiful weather here on Saturday.  After lots of very hot and humid weather, and then lots of rain we couldn't have asked for better!  I had been out running errands in the morning, and decided I needed to go take a walk outside that afternoon.  I was walking down our road and decided to do something different and walk in the woods.

 Such a pretty little path, and don't you love that dappled sunlight on the path?


There are so many things to see and enjoy in nature!  The fallen tree was covered with all types of fungus.

Look at all these wildflowers I saw along the way!


 I think the different grasses have their own beauty!


I even saw a few wild berries.


On the other side of the woods is this meadow and I walked along the edge of it.



 Another fallen tree, this one is decorated with vines and some wild flowers.


The Queen Anne's lace was out in abundance.  It's one of my favorites!


This gate is near the road, a perfect parting shot after a beautiful walk!

16 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

The picture of the meadow looks sorta like our back yard! You'd love walking by us :-) hint hint <3

Joyful said...

The scenery is beautiful.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I do enjoy God's beauty and you found some of the best. The weather has been nice here as well, and I enjoy my porch sitting even more!

Arlene G said...

We had a lovely weekend in Alabama. Very low humidity for this time of year and we are always happy to have it. I hope to be able to get outside and walk soon.

Linda said...

Very pretty. We had low humid (borderline) here in western NY. The rains are heading back in this afternoon. smiles

Changes in the wind said...

Thanks for taking us with you on your walk:)

Sally said...

Such an interesting and pretty place to walk, Mari!

I love wildflowers and have tried twice to get them to grow. :(

Hope you have a wonderful day.

xoxo

Saleslady371 said...

God's beauty everywhere! Love the flowers and all the props on your walk. Enjoy that nice weather (lucky) and have a blessed week.

Vicki said...

Beautiful photos and a lovely place to walk. I too enjoy either taking a walk or a bike ride out in nature but right now it's too humid right now.

Terri D said...

Such beauty everywhere you looked! How can anyone think there is no God! Your photos are always great!

Jean said...

So beautiful, especially the picture of the path in the woods. I just want to walk there!

Dianna said...

What a lovely walk you had on Saturday, Mari. And when the weather is beautiful with low humidity it makes it even more enjoyable.

Karen said...

Queen Anne's Lace is one of my favorites, too. It reminds me of where I grew up, back east. It doesn't grow in our area. I tried planting some once, and at first it took off, but I think it's just too dry here.

Jenny said...

Simply idyllic. I wish I lived that close to such a walk! Your pictures are beautiful. xoxo

Cherdecor said...

I love the picture of the path. I was trying to see how many leaves were on the vine on the log.

Laura said...

So beautiful! Did you know there's a plant that looks almost the same as Queen Anne's lace but is extremely poisonous? I just found that out a while ago, so now anytime we see Queen Anne's lace I'm diving between it and the girls just in case, lol!