Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Cooking Thursday

Last week I made a salad that is a favorite around here.  It's a recipe I got from Laura.  It's been popular in Aaron's family for years, it was something his Grandpa used to make.  Therefore, it's known as Grandpa Salad!  It's a good one to take away as you can get the ingredients ready beforehand and then throw it all together.


Grandpa Salad
lettuce; variety of your choice, torn into bite size pieces
hard boiled eggs; sliced (I use 6 or 7 for a large bowl of salad)
bacon; cooked and broken into small pieces
cherry tomatoes
cheese, cut into small cubes (I use the Kraft crumbles variety)
mayonnaise (I use Kraft, reduced fat with olive oil)
Place lettuce into serving bowl. Stir in eggs, bacon, tomatoes and cheese. This may be done ahead of time. Immediately before serving stir mayonnaise into salad. Use just enough to coat the other ingredients.

13 comments:

Joyful said...

It looks delicious.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

That's a good one Mari and a keeper for sure. Thanks for posting.

Linda said...

Giggling, you had me at bacon, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

Changes in the wind said...

Love salads...

Dianna said...

Sounds really good, Mari. I'm going to give it a try soon.

Patsy said...

The Bennie must have read your
blog. For he made a salad yesterday
with chicken and it was very good.

Doris said...

Sounds good!

Vicki said...

My kids thought I was nuts when I told them I used to eat Mayo on my salad instead of dressing. I haven't in years but I'll be making this.

Terri D said...

Wow... yum and just mayo as a dressing. Easy and ready to go. Thanks Mari!

Jenny said...

Ooooh so fresh and summery and delicious! Our Chad loves hard boiled egg in salad. I'll have to make this for him. xoxo

Sally said...

Yum! I could go for that right now, Mari. :)

xoxo

Connie said...

Yum . . . sometimes simple salads with protein and veggies make the very best summer dinners :) This looks amazing.

Laura said...

Grandpa Salad made it on your blog! Aaron's family would be so proud!
Although, I should point out, their family never put tomatoes in, but I bet it's good! They also like shredded cheese. And let me tell you what, you don't mess with the Grandpa Salad unless you want a mutiny. Pearl tried to use a different mayo once, and wow did she hear it. And I won't even go into the time Tasha tried to get away with using bacon bits... :)