Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

I'm done!

I told you a few weeks ago I was taking a break to finish some online studies.  One of the things I do at work is Infection Control.   This study was a series of seminars, some in person, some online that gives me a certificate in Infection Control along with a years membership in APIC, which is the Association of Professionals in Infection Control.  This membership will give me many resources to use on the job.


It wasn't easy though!  It involved 2 full days of seminars in June, then 40 hours of online studies, followed by 2 more full days of seminars.

This was last week, 70 people at the 2 day seminar.
After the seminar there was an exam.  We had 30 days to take it and were allowed 3 attempts.  After all the things we studied and listened to, I was nervous about taking it, but I wanted to do it soon, while it was fresh in my brain.
I took the exam Saturday morning and passed with 95% on my first try!  I was thrilled and so relieved to have it done.  I really think this was the hardest study I've done since nursing school.
So, I'm happy and now can start putting some of the things I learned into practice!

18 comments:

Dianna said...

I can only imagine how relieved you are to have this behind you now, Mari. Good for you with that outstanding score! xx

Katelyn R. said...

Great job Aunt mari!!!!!!

Joyful said...

Congratulations Mari. That is a great achievement and will help you so much in your work. Well done!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congratulations! Job well done! Glad to be back in blogland and checking in to say hello! Have a great Week!

LL Cool Joe said...

Well done and 95% on your first attempt is brilliant! Good for you.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Good job! I know you are happy to have this behind you. It will help tremendously on your job. Have a good week ahead.

Linda said...

Congratulations!!!! I knew you could do it, smiles

Connie said...

Wow, Good for you... have a good day...

Arlene G said...

Congrats Mari!! I cannot imagine taking a test...I would be a nervous wreck. However you are such a good nurse, I am sure you knew a lot of the information before hand.

cheri battjes said...

I'm not surprised you passed right away- you are brilliant and all!!!! So happy it's done. Now in just 6 short weeks we can do a little relaxing :)

Henny Penny said...

Oh my goodness! 95%! I would be tickled to death! You must be so glad to have this finished. Congratulations!

Patsy said...

Well done! You can give us advice??

Sally said...

You are amazing, Mari! I'm so glad you did well, but not surprised. You're a smart cookie. :)

xoxo

Terri D said...

Congratulations on a job well done, Mari!! Infection control is so important and I know our hospitals down here are graded on just that. Your place of employment is blessed to have you there, as are the patients and their families. 95%, first try. Awesome!!

Brooke F said...

Congrats!!! Looks like you not only passed, you crushed it!

Connie said...

I love the photo by the gate and think that you should repeat it every couple of years . . . it would be a great way to see how much they have grown :) Children grow so fast. Our 12 year old granddaughter has had a grown spurt this spring and I think she has grown 3 inched since April :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet blogging friendship.
Connie :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad you're done and can have one less thing going on in life!

Jenny said...

Look at you! Congratulations on such a stellar performance on the test. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Those at your facility -- both coworkers and residents -- are so fortunate to have you. Good job, friend. xoxo