Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

A little of life here!

I took last week off from blogging to complete some at home studies I've been working on for an Infection Control Class I've been taking.  It was 40 hours of study that had to be done between some classes.  I completed the at home studies and tests, this week I have to go to 2 days of seminars in Grand Rapids followed with one more test and I will finally be completely done!
In the meantime, Bob has been doing some work in our kitchen and dining room.  He put board and batten on one wall in the dining room, new trim around all the windows and doors and put subway tile on the back splash.  And - he is building me a new kitchen table!

Here's what it is looking like so far! I'm so blessed by his talent.

This past Saturday, we had a wedding to go to. It was a young couple from our church and it was an outside wedding.  We were concerned because it was supposed to be very hot and the wedding was at 1:30 in the afternoon.
Well, it ended up being  cloudy day, and we even got some rain.  However, during the wedding there was no rain, a nice breeze and even a spot of sun right after they were pronounced husband and wife.  Here's a few photos of the wedding.

 It was on the shores of Lake Michigan.

 There was a beautiful gazebo.


And gorgeous landscaping!


Everything was decorated simply with different types of leaves and herbs.  There was lavender thrown at the wedding and this is rosemary tucked into the napkin.


 Hanging in the windows at the reception were these simple wreaths.


 Here's a cute little drink spot.



 Before the reception, they had veggies and dip, and these cute boxes with biscuits, honey and jam.



Yummy cupcakes for dessert!
It was a very nice wedding and a fun reception!

Speaking of weddings, there was one in our family last week!  Our son and his fiancée Nikki decided to quit waiting and tie the knot.
Andy lives in Kentucky, and they went to Nashville to get married.

Nikki was carrying a bouquet that had a photo of Bob and I, and another of her mom  tied into it.  So we were there in thought.  We're happy to have another daughter!

18 comments:

Terri D said...

Congratulations to the happy couple and to you and Bob for getting another daughter! The wedding venue for your young couple from church is really pretty. Simple is really classy. I love the wreaths in the windows! Your hubby is SO talented, but I don't need to tell you that. The table will be gorgeous in your re-furbished kitchen/dining room. Please show us pictures!!

Saleslady371 said...

Congratulations to your son & new daughter-in-law. You are blessed to have a talented husband. Looking forward to seeing the new dining room makeover.

Simone said...

Bob's work is beautiful. I can't wait to see it when he has finished it. Awww, congratulations on your son and daughter in law. May there be so many wonderful moments ahead for them both.

Joyful said...

Congratulations to your son and new DIL. May they have many happy years together. I like the idea of a no fuss wedding as all the stuff that goes into weddings is usually so stressful and so expensive too so I say good for them. Nonetheless the wedding you went to on the lake was beautiful. I do love it's simplicity and how they set up the cupcake and drinks bar. The setting was gorgeous and they were blessed to have a bit of a cooler day for their wedding. I think the idea of throwing lavender instead of rice or confetti is genius. I've never heard of it before. Your husband's skill is fantastic. I sure do love the table he is building for you.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Congratulations to your son and new DIL, may they have many happy years ahead. The wedding you attended was beautiful. I like the simplicity of it, which made it more beautiful to me. I know you will be glad to have this class over and behind you. They are a pain to endure but needed I am sure. Hope the week ahead is a good for you.

Arlene G said...

So glad you are back Mari!! Will you send Bob to my house when he finishes as your home? Sounds like you have quite the artisan there. Please post some pictures of the finished projects. I have wanted a back splash of subway tiles for a long time. Congrats on your new Daughter in Law.

Changes in the wind said...

Wow that table is amazing! Loved the wedding, so many clever ideas and so pretty. Best wishes to your son and daughter-in-law.

LL Cool Joe said...

Congratulations to your son and his new wife.

That table looks like it's going to be stunning.

Is board and batten what we call tongue and groove?

Dianna said...

That class sounds quite intensive and given the subject matter I could understand that.

The wedding you attended looks amazing...AND

so does that table that your husband is making! What talent that man has! Wish we lived close to one another so he and Carroll could get together. I think they would have a lot to talk about.

Congratulations to your son and his new bride...and to you and Bob for having another daughter!

Linda said...

Congratulations to your son!!! I am so happy for them, Mari, smiles.

The table is beautiful, you are so lucky to have someone who can do that, smiles. I just love Bob's work.


Hot, hot, hot here too...so wanting fall/autumn season to begin, smiles.

Sally said...

You guys have been super busy! Bob is truly a craftsman, isn't he? Such beautiful work!

Lovely pictures of the wedding, and golly gee congratulations to your son and new daughter in law. How wonderful for all of you, Mari! :)

xoxo

Patsy said...

Glad you had a successful and fun week.
The table is beautiful. Happy Monday
to you both!

Jenny said...

Lovely! I'm glad the weather gave you a break on the wedding day. I get panicky just thinking about an outdoor wedding in summer. Make that any time, haaahaha. I'm not into outdoor weddings. Congratulations to Andrew and Nikki! May they have many years of happiness together. And good job on your studies! I don't know how you do it. Bob too! You guys are a marvel to me. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Bob is so talented...congratulations on the marriage of your son. The wedding you went to at the beach is of our old neighbor. She used to live near us when she was a kid. Now they bought a cute little house on our corner. One of the girls in the wedding was my nieces daughter. Small world.

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! I'm just catching up a little and I'm so happy to see your news. How wonderful.

Cherdecor said...

I can't stop looking at that table that Bob is making. I love, love, love it! Glad you got through your studies and tests. I bet you passed in flying colors! Congratulations to Andy and his bride!

Laura said...

The table is looking beautiful! And I'm glad to know you know about infection control now, never know when we'll need that knowledge, lol!

Cherdecor said...

Mari, Alan would like to know what kind of wood Bob used in making your table. He like your table too.