Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

A getaway with the sisters

My 2 sisters and I returned from a few days away this afternoon.  We love doing things together, but with our busy schedules, we don't get to spend as much time together as we like. 
Earlier this year we scheduled this getaway and have been really looking forward to it!
We left on Friday morning from Michigan, destination - Ohio!  We made it to Ohio in the middle of the afternoon and decided to stop at a mall and wander around for a few hours.

 This was a really nice shopping area.  One of the stores was this bookstore.  Can you see all the names of famous authors that are written all around the top of the building?


There were a lot of neat looking buildings here.  We didn't eat here, but thought this building looked like it belonged in England!


Here's where we did eat - The Cheesecake Factory.  I've never eaten in one of these before, and I enjoyed it. We got a piece of cheesecake to take back to the hotel that night.
After eating supper, we headed for our hotel.  It was supposed to be an hour away, but we ran into construction and lots of traffic.  At one point we were driving and suddenly the road was barricaded - no warning and no instructions on detours.  We managed to get around it, and did make it to the hotel.
We drove around the town for a little while and found a nice park.

This cute little family was wandering around the park too!


The next morning, we went into town to do a little shopping.

One place we stopped at was The Kitchen-aid Experience.  They had every Kitchen-aid appliance and accessory you could want.  They also had a little museum which included this gold plated mixer.


We walked around town too.

The courthouse is beautiful!


Here are Terri and Cheri posing for me.  We were wearing our winter coats as it was kind of a dark day, windy and cold!





This town is pretty, with lots of nice old homes.



There was a statue commemorating Annie Oakley who was born nearby.

Although all this was fun, it's not the reason we came to Ohio.  I'll tell you about that tomorrow!

13 comments:

Joyful said...

How nice to spend time with your sisters. The photos are lovely but it does look cold. It's very gray, gloomy and raining here. But I'll take it since my relatives in the north are still experiencing snowfalls and icy conditions.

Doris said...

So fun......looking forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

So glad that the three of you could fit in some time for a trip together. I love the interesting shops, restaurants and especially the grand homes. I've eaten at Cheesecake Factory once and it was delicious! I'll be back to read more tomorrow.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You are blessed to have sisters to spend time with, and I know you enjoy one another. You didnt say where in Ohio! Pretty area wherever it is. We dont have a Cheesecake Factory and the closest is either Atlanta or Nashville, but have eaten there, and love it. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Sally said...

Awww - how nice you and the sisters have a special time together, Mari. The buildings and houses are so interesting. Love the statue of Annie Oakley too. :)

xoxo

Dianna said...

I am so glad to know that you were able to get away with your sisters for this weekend, Mari!

I enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful buildings. I loved the names of the authors on the outside of the bookstore!

I agree with you...the pub did look as if it belonged in England. :)

Thank you for the picture of the Annie Oakley statue, too. She was my childhood heroine! I had a regular little cowgirl outfit and getting my cap gun away from me was no small task! lol

Now you have me curious to find out the reason you came to Ohio. I'll be back to find out. :)

Arlene G said...

Time spent with sisters is always sweet. And the Cheesecake Factory is a favorite of mine as well. I will skip the food and go right to coffee and cheesecake.lol

Terri D said...

It is so great that you all get together a couple of times a year like that! I'm originally from Ohio so can't wait to see your post tomorrow!! Is this Willowdale?

Laura said...

Cool pictures! Glad you three had fun!

Betsy Brock said...

Yes...the question is Where in Ohio? :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous sights! And I love that kind of weather. Road trips are such great adventures. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love your photos Mari - and following your adventures! Imagine being such an excellent cook you could use a gold plated mixer! Lol! I love the Cheesecake Factory too - we often eat there at least once when we're in Vegas. ;)
xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the Cheesecake Factory, but we never have any cheesecake! We never have any room for it.

Not only did the pub look British but so did the weather. :D