Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

What's in Ohio?

Yesterday I was telling you about the trip my sisters and I made to Ohio.  While we had a lot of fun doing things there, the reason we went was to visit our friend Cheryl.  Cheryl blogs at the Winds of Life, and we have known her for some time.  My sister Cheri and I were able to visit Cheryl and her husband Alan when they lived in Pennsylvania, and this time my other sister Terri was able to come along.   Cheryl is such a sweetie, and it was so good to spend time with her.

We were planning to get lunch on Saturday and then go to their house, but Cheryl invited us for lunch.  We told her not to fuss, but look at this wonderful lunch she had prepared - with lots of help from her husband Alan! 

(I got this photo from Cheryl's blog)
She had croissants, chicken salad, veggies and dip, tortillas and cheese dip, a yummy jello salad and homemade potato soup.  We were so full!  I told Cheryl that this was a much nicer lunch than I ever usually have!


Here is Alan, being so good and washing up the dishes so we could visit.

After lunch, Cheryl took us to the park near their home.  We had been looking for a bridge we saw on the internet, and she was sure she knew where it was.


 Isn't this a great bridge?



 Cheryl said that Alan used to camp here as a boy scout when he was young.



We got a passerby to take a picture of the 4 of us on the bridge.  Me, Cheryl, Cheri and Terri.


This park also has a peacock aviary.

 They have such brilliant colors!



This one even put on a show for us!




There is also an old log cabin at the park.


After we left the park, we drove around and Cheryl gave us a nice tour.  We told her she could become a tour guide!  Then we went back to their house and talked and talked!
We ordered supper out, Alan and their son Chad picked it up and we ate at their house.
We had such a good time, with lots of good conversation and laughs!



I made Alan and Cheryl pose for a photo before we left.  It was a wonderful time together.
Thank you Alan and Cheryl for being such great hosts!  You are always welcome in Michigan!

20 comments:

Terra said...

That was a very fun visit and the lunch they provided looks delish.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a nice visit; the food looked great, and you got to see some sights that are different for sure. Nothing like spending time with friends, near and far!

Dianna said...

What a wonderful time to get away with sisters to share time with another blogger! It looks like you and your sisters had a perfect weekend!

Jenny said...

This is so great, Mari. Cheryl's a love and I hope I get to meet her (and YOU) someday soon, in person! Not least because I'd like to eat lunch at her house, haaahaha. Hey that bridge? I'm salivating to take its picture. xoxo

Doris said...

Isn't that the best.....time with sisters and friends and that lunch!!!

Sally said...

How wonderful, Mari! Such a nice day for you all; the lunch looks so good!

The peacocks remind me of the ones in St Augustine, usually around the fountain of youth. And, yes those colors! :)

xoxo

Joyful said...

What a marvellous time you had. Your friend and her husband are certainly wonderful hosts.

Arlene G said...

Loved seeing all the pictures and traveling along with you girls!!

Linda said...

What a wonderful time...you all look great, Mari. Have a beautiful day friend.

Betsy Brock said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Love that bridge!

Anonymous said...

The bridge and peacocks are extraordinary! So glad you and your sisters had this fun time with Cheryl. I have only recently "met" Cheryl and she is a joy to know. Sounds like her husband is very sweet, too.
HOpe you have a good day, Mari.

Jean said...

Well, you know I'm jealous! Cheryl and I taught next door to each other for four years and I have such fond memories from that. Alan is an amazing guy too. I'm so glad you had such a great time together. And THANK YOU for that beautiful picture of them. I am saving it to my files!

Laura said...

Looks like lots of fun! That peacock is beautiful - and the bridge too! Glad you all had a great time. :)

Cherdecor said...

Mari, thank you for calling me a few weeks ago to plan the trip down here to see Alan and me. I feel like you three girls are my daughters who live in Michigan.

Thank you for the lovely gifts and yes, I am reminded of you all as I see my gazing ball and now the linens and candle. I have never been to Michigan but I hear that you grow wonderful gardens there and that it is a beautiful state.

Thank you so much for your friendship on so many levels. We had such a good time catching up and yes.....all that laughing and having fun! You three sisters are a HOOT! Love all of you! Hope that you are getting caught up on your sleep. Have a wonderful day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

What a fun visit! And such impeccable hosts. ;) That lunch looked fabulous!! And that bridge is so cool!!

What a fun girlie trip. Thanks for sharing Hon.
xoxo

Saleslady371 said...

These friends are keeper friends, but then so are you! Wow, I felt loved just looking at the lunch they prepared!!!!

Michelle said...

What a great friends! I also love those peacocks!!

Terri said...

That trip was well worth the drive to visit with Cheryl and Alan! So much fun and laughs.

LL Cool Joe said...

Okay so there's you at one end in a thick coat and Terri at the other in a t-shirt, who got the weather conditions right? :D

Looks like a fun trip, and well done to Alan for cooking and cleaning up the dishes afterwards!

Terri D said...

It is so great spending face-to-face time with our blogging friends!! What fun you all had! Love the photos and that park is amazing. Thanks for taking us along with you!