Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

MOPS

I've shared before with you the fun we have in our MOPS group.  MOPS stands for mothers of pre-schoolers.  I'm a mentor mom and have a table of these young moms to love and support.
We met last week and had a great time talking about Easter, and how to share the story with toddlers.  We also had a mentor mom panel.  This is something we do once a year.  The young moms turn in questions the month before, and the mentor moms sit in front of the group and answer as best as we can. They come up with some really good questions!

One of our young moms is gifted in decorating on a dime.  She decorates the tables and our room for each meeting.

This is what she had at our welcome table.



 She did this for the center of each table.  She also made these delicious mints for each table and said they were so easy.  If you want to try them, here is the recipe.



Another thing she made is this resurrection garden - it can be made any size and reminds the kids that the grave is empty!


Our craft this time was making miniature succulent gardens.  We painted mini terra cotta pots how we wanted, added some jute twine and planted our choice of succulents.



This is my little pot.  It says "Luv grows".  The question is - will the cactus?  I am notorious for my brown thumb.  I can't keep a plant alive in the house!
We had a nice time as usual.  The mom's get to spend time with other moms, we have a lesson and a craft and enjoy ourselves!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time of fellowship you have with these ladies. She did a wonderful job with the decor. Like you, I have trouble keeping anything in a pot alive! lol Wishing you a nice Monday.

Linda said...

What a great time, Mari. Have a beautiful day friend, and glad your "back", giggling.

Cherdecor said...

I think that it is wonderful that you are mentoring these moms. It sounds well organized and I know they look forward to these meetings each month. I love succulents! Like you, I have killed my fair share. Have a happy Monday!

Arlene G said...

I love all the tables....beautiful. I am really going to miss MOPs as this will be my final year as a mentor. Now that we have Grimmwood I am often gone on Fridays when we meet. I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Mari.

Sally said...

The decorator mom is truly gifted. I love what she did for the meeting. Your cactus will live; someone told me once to only water cactus when it rains in Texas. LOL

xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I really like the sound of that program and know it is so beneficial to those younger moms. I have a brown thumb too, but surely the cactus will make it!

Sandi said...

Great ideas!

I love MOPS!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

That is truly just the neatest group Mari! Love that you do that. And what a talented young Mama with all of her beautiful creations! I'll say prayers for your cactus - Lol!!

Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Doris said...

My hubby keeps plants alive at our house....I just don't have it in me! I love to decorate....Pinterest is my friend :) Your decorator mom did a fantastic job!

Karen said...

I'm with you, I have a heck of a time keeping houseplants alive. I blame it on the lack of good light in our house.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

What great decorations! I used to love MOPS! I made many friends and we still get together every month to discuss our now teenagers!

Dianna said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

Terri D said...

This is such a great ministry and the decorations are lovely!

Jenny said...

I'm laughing so hard right now because the other evening at Allissa's birthday party I was talking about my black thumb and the girls started giggling about how they can kill even a succulent by just looking at it. Haaahaha so good luck with that, Mari xoxo

Betsy Brock said...

So cute! I used to be a mentor mom! Very fun!

Poke holes in the bottom of your plant cup. Put it in the brightest spot you have...afternoon sun, preferably. Water only once a week. :)

LL Cool Joe said...

I love all the displays, and you are right the young mom that does all those is very talented, but how does she find the time to do it too!