Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

Frosty Morn

Last Sunday when we left for Sunday School and church I was entranced by the beauty I saw as we drove.  It was clear, cold and sunny and very frosty.  I told Bob that if I had realized, I would have gone out for an early drive to take pictures.  However, at this point I just enjoyed what I was seeing on our short drive.
When we got to the school our church meets in, we went to our Sunday School class.  We soon found that the school had changed some locks and we were unable to get into the room.  The other rooms were occupied so there was no place to meet and our class was cancelled.  I told Bob that I was going to go for a short drive to take some photos and would be back for church.  
The frost melted quickly in the sun, but it was a beautiful short drive.
Here's a few photos from that morning.


























"From the breath of God ice is made,
And the expanse of the waters is frozen."
Job 37:10

18 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful! I love the frost and the fog!

Arlene G said...

Beautiful pictures and perfect Bible Verse.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These photos look magical!! You took such beautiful shots Hon. I think you could frame these and make a lovely wall collage. Love it! xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

Greeting from Idaho stop in from Annie Blog...Don't see any snow.
If you fine the time stop in for a cup of coffee

Joyful said...

Beautiful indeed!

That is a new to me scripture verse and very appropriate for your photos.

Amy at love made my home said...

What a shame you couldn't do your class, but you certainly made the most of the time finding such beautiful things to photograph! The frosty scenes are so pretty!

Doris said...

What a way to redeem your time.....beautiful pictures!

Hootin Anni said...

Stunning! The beauty and quiet of the area would have made me awe struck.

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos from your early morning drive. Hope your week is going smoothly.

Linda said...

Beautiful Mari...the winter storm has hit here in western NY...I guess the 60* temps out of the question now, giggling.

Beth (A Mom's Life) said...

The frost is absolutely gorgeous! So glad you took the time to get these pictures!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

SS may have been cancelled, but seeing those beautiful pictures tells me you still were able to learn things from God. Thanks for sharing.

Terri D said...

Spending time enjoying all that God created for us is just as good as Sunday School (maybe better!). Your photos are wonderful!

Jenny said...

Ooooh that verse gave me chills, after those gorgeous pictures! xoxo

Cherdecor said...

Beautiful pictures, Mari! I hope that the doors are unlocked for future SS classes.

Sally said...

Gorgeous photos!
Xoxo

Just A Southern Girl said...

Stunning photos! You have such a great eye for framing the picture!

Jean said...

Spectacular pictures, Mari! The one of the barn - WOW!!!!