Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Update

Here we are - it's January, a new year and the Christmas celebrations are done. Before I start the new year I have to go back and recap our Christmas, since I took a little break at the end of the year.
I hope you all enjoyed your time together.  I know quite a few of you were taking a blog break as well, but I saw quite a few celebrations on other blogs.
The week before Christmas we had my family all over for our annual party. Almost everyone was able to come and it makes for a full house, but lots of fun!

 Here's part of the group gathered in our basement.  We had pizza and goodies, games and some gifts.  As usual there were a few prank gifts and lots of laughs.  I am so blessed to be part of this group!



I caught this cute shot of my step-mom and Ruby having fun together.   I love to see them enjoying each other.


This was my year to work on Christmas, and I ended up working Saturday, Sunday and Monday, so we had our family gathering on Saturday evening - Christmas Eve.  Heather also worked till 6 that evening, so we started a little late.


 Alaina and Ruby occupied themselves coloring until Uncle Andrew and Aunt Heather arrived.



Alaina also sang and acted out a song she learned at school.  She was very expressive!




We spent some time skyping with Uncle Andy and Aunt Nikki in Kentucky.




Ruby has an aversion to the floor, she prefers to be on top of things, or better yet, climbing!



 Alaina was happy with her new umbrella.



Ruby got a sled from Uncle Andy and Aunt Nikki.  She thought it was a boat and had to try it out with Grandpa.


One of the reasons I had to take a blogging break was to finish these books I made for each of the girls, with all the pictures I took of them over the last year. They were having fun looking at all the pictures of themselves.



Our kids spoiled us with nice Christmas gifts, and I have to show you one of them - this creative and fun gift that Laura did as a gift from Alaina and Ruby.  It's a glass jar filled with squares of paper. We can take out a piece whenever we want.  There are pictures that Alaina drew, photos of the girls and sweet notes.  Each one we've pulled out so far has brought a smile to our faces.  We think we need another jar to put them into because we can't bring ourselves to throw them away!

It was a wonderful Christmas season!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these fun pictures. Alaina and Ruby are precious. I love the gift from the girls. Happy New Year.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

So good to see you back, and love the pictures. You had a wonderful Christmas and those two little girls sure help to make it fun. I love the glass with the notes, etc. that the girls gave you. I have started a new one for 2017, with blessings, quotes, etc. and to be opened at the end of the year. If I were you, I wouldnt be able to throw those away either. Have a nice Monday, and New Year!

Changes in the wind said...

A great Christmas! Love the picture of Alaina with her Great Grandma...so sweet.

Linda said...

I just can't believe how much the girls have grown, Mari...a Happy Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, thank you for the smiles.

Patsy said...

Happy 2017 with all your loving family!

Betsy Brock said...

That all looks like a lot of fun! I love the books you made for the girls....I'm putting that idea away for a future gift....if and when I ever am a grandma. haha.

Arlene G said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!! Hoping 2017 us a good one for all of us.

Terri D said...

You know how much I envy big family gatherings during the holiday (expecially). You are really blessed. It's too bad you had to work the whole Christmas weekend, but God bless you and all nurses for taking such good care of those who can't care for themselves anymore. The jar of sweet pictures and drawings from the girls is so great! The gift that keeps giving! I've missed you here and am happy to see you back and to catch up with you and those two adorable girls! Happy new year!

Sally said...

So happy to hear about your family Christmas! I didn't know yall have a basement and a lovely one it is.

I can't believe how much Ruby's hair has grown. Always loved seeing it but both of those little ones are so beautiful!

Sally said...

So happy to hear about your family Christmas! I didn't know yall have a basement and a lovely one it is.

I can't believe how much Ruby's hair has grown. Always loved seeing it but both of those little ones are so beautiful!

Cherdecor said...

Alaina and Ruby's hair was styled so beautifully for the Christmas party. They are such cute girls! I would loved to have seen Alaina perform. I bet she did a great job! That was a nice gift that the girls gave you. How clever!

Jenny said...

As usual, a great festive season at the Bruins house. Although I must say I was scared for a moment when I could hardly tell Alaina and Ruby apart. They've always looked alike but now they are beginning to look like twins. Maybe it was the angle. DARLING girls. I love how Laura does their hair. xoxo

Sylvia said...

So special to see your Christmas and New Year photos Mari. Looks like a great time. A and R look such cute girls. Our Christmas has been a bit different as Martin hasn't been at all well and missed Christmas Day with one of our boys and his family. Martin insisted I go but I came home after 2 1/2 hours, so didn't take any pictures!
Very happy new year to you both.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Family is just the best most beautiful blessing, aren't they? ;)

Looks like it was a wonderful and fun Xmas Mari - minus the working part!! I love that gift from your little Sweeties. Beyond precious.

Happy New Year to your dear Friend 'o Mine!! xoxo

White Lace and Promises said...

The girls are growing up so fast that I almost couldn't tell them apart. Soooo adorable! Such a precious post. Happy New Year!

Lady Jane said...

What a special Christmas with the family. It has been a while since I visited and Wow the girls have really grown... Love the pic with grampa, lol... The jar is a really neat gift, love this idea. Hugs for a wonderful new year, LJ

Laura said...

Love all those pictures! So many good memories. And I especially love our photo books too, and the time you put into them. They are treasured for sure!